Nikon S210 Intro
The Nikon Coolpix S-series are slim, stylish digicams that come complete with the latest Nikon technology such as Face-Priority AF, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix and D-Lighting.
Nikon S210 Features
The Nikon Coolpix S210 has an 8 megapixel imager, 3x optical zoom lens and a 2.5" LCD display. While the lens is not optically stabilized, the S210 does offer less effective "Electronic VR Image Stabilization". The S210 derives its power from a custom Li-ion battery, and images are stored on SD cards plus 52MB of built-in memory.
Additional Nikon S210 features and details (adapted from the press release):
The super thin, just 18mm, (less than 3/4-inch) COOLPIX S210 offers 8 effective megapixel resolution, a 3x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens, Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization technology, and a quality-crafted aluminum body. The S210ís slim, elegant camera design comes in an array of color options such as plum, graphite black, cool blue, and brushed bronze, delivering high performance and ease-of-operation.
- 8.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- The Nikon S210ís 3x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens gets you close to the action.
- The Coolpix S210ís Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake.
- The S210ís incredible, bright 2.5-inch wide angle of view high resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures.
- The Nikon S210 auto adjusts up to ISO 2000 to keep shooting, even in low light.
- Nikon S210 In-Camera Innovations: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™--automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again! Face-Priority AF--Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces. D-Lighting--rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
- The Coolpix S210's all new, stylish, all-metal design slips right into your shirt pocket or purse!
Nikon S210 Pricing and Availability
Priced at US$180, the Nikon Coolpix S210 goes on sale from March 2008.