Fuji J10 Intro
Fujifilm has launched a new FinePix J-series with two initial models, the J10 and the J50. The Fujifilm FinePix J10 marks the entry-level point.
Fuji J10 Features
The Fuji J10 features an eight megapixel CCD imager coupled to a Fujinon-branded 3x optical zoom lens. A 2.5" LCD display caters for image framing and reviewing, and there's a not-at-all generous 8MB of built-in memory plus SD / xD-Picture Card combo storage slot. Power for the FinePix J10 comes from a proprietary Lithium-ion battery.
Additional Fuji J10 features and details (adapted from the press release):
- Both models use Fujifilm’s Picture Stabilization Technology to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement especially in low light settings. Automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed, the FinePix J10 and J50 help to freeze the action and produce the highest-quality digital pictures without the blur and noise often associated with low-light photographs.
- Scene modes: Pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a wide-range of shooting conditions. Both models have 15 scene modes.
- Movie Mode: J10 captures VGA and QVGA quality movie clips and J50 captures QVGA quality, both at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you don’t have your video camera on hand.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix J10 and J50 feature an “xD/SD Compatible slot” which accepts not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
- Battery Life: The J10 and J50 use a long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life.
Fuji J10 Pricing and Availability
The Fuji J10 ships from March 2008 in brushed silver or matte black variants, priced at about US$150.