PRESS RELEASE: Canon Gives Consumers Affordable And Functional Options With New PIXMA IP4300 Photo Printer And MP510 Photo All-In-One
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., Aug 24, 2006 – In the dorm room or in the home office, the new Canon PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer and PIXMA MP510 Photo All-In-One offers affordable solutions to photo and document printing needs. Just in time for the back-to-school season, both devices break price barriers by offering valuable yet useful features like individual ink tanks with the smart LED system and advanced paper handling capabilities. The PIXMA MP510 model provides consumers with both great photos and the resourcefulness of a multi-function device that copies and scans, for an estimated selling price of $149.991. With the PIXMA iP4300 printer, consumers can create long lasting2 lab quality photos from an exceptional every-day printer for an estimated selling price of $99.991.
“ Canon gives consumers more options for their photo printing needs, and offers them a choice of great photos from a single-function or a multi-function device,” said Yukiaki Hashimoto, senior vice president and general manager of the consumer imaging group at Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Now all generations can explore the versatility of a multi-function device or the speedy simplicity of the single-function home photo printer.”
The PIXMA MP510 Photo All-In-One: Universal Idea for the University or Home
The MP510 Photo All-In-One copies, scans and makes high quality photo prints without taking up a lot of space. Even the 1.9-inch color LCD display folds down to form a flush surface, exposing a machine that compliments any workspace with its rounded corners and elegant design. Two paper trays are built-in, which increase paper capacity and/or house different types of paper to suit printing needs. Users can also find card slots on the front of the machine for direct photo printing from supported memory cards3, or a PictBridge port for compatible digital cameras or DV camcorders.
When printing, the MP510 Photo All-In-One can yield a borderless 4 x 6 inch photo in as little as 47 seconds4. With a minimum two-picoliter droplet print head design and a resolution maximum of 4800 x 1200 color dpi5, text and documents are crisp and clear, while photos are perfect for framing. The MP510 model, as well as all new PIXMA products, support the new 8 x 10 inch sized Photo Paper Pro (estimated selling price $17.99) and Semi-Gloss (estimated selling price $12.99) specialty papers being introduced by Canon this Fall. The MP510 Photo All-In-One’s copy and scan features increase overall productivity. As an example, Canon’s Z-lid feature allows for easy scanning of bulkier objects like personal notebooks, by lifting vertically and laying flat, improving overall scan quality.
The PIXMA MP510 Photo AIO employs advanced copy technology to help give the user amazing reproductions of original images and documents. Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology improves color accuracy by independently controlling brightness, hue, and other elements to make sure that there are minimal differences between the original and the copy. In addition, with Text and Image Separation Technology, the system can actually differentiate text from an image, making black text and fine lines dark and sharp when printed with pigment black ink. Now when black text appears over an image, the text on the following generations of copies can be virtually as clear as the first. These technologies plus hardware improvements in scanning and printing can help make a copy almost indistinguishable from the original.
The PIXMA iP4300 Printer: Single Function Simplicity
As a follow-up to Canon’s award-winning PIXMA iP4200 model, the new PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer builds upon that success, delivering ease of use, reliability and overall improvements in design. Canon designed this printer for consumers that want great photos with no compromise on text speed or quality. The printer features four dye-based ink tanks, plus a pigment black ink tank, which deliver sharp text and professional-grade documents, making the iP4300 printer optimal for everyday tasks like printing web pages, text documents, and presentations. With the front panel PictBridge port, consumers can directly connect any PictBridge enabled digital camera or DV camcorder to print beautiful photos with high-intensity vivid colors. The ChromaLife100 system2 helps ensure that the photos will last, while the individual ink tanks also incorporate the Smart LED system to alert the user to low ink levels and to easily troubleshoot issues.
The printer delivers lab quality photos, thanks to a print head that incorporates the Canon FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) technology with 3,584 precision nozzles that produce a dazzling 9600 x 2400-color dpi5 maximum resolution, with droplets as small as one picoliter. Resolution this high is a first in a product at this price point in the Canon Lineup. More nozzles mean faster printing. The PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer blazes through lab quality borderless 4 x 6 inch photos in an astounding 36 seconds4. For printing of important documents, print speeds can reach up to 30ppm for that black and white term paper or up to 24ppm for that full color presentation4. Besides saving time, the printer also saves paper with Auto-Duplexing, which can print on both sides of a sheet of paper.
These newest PIXMA models use the Canon ChromaLife100 system, including the FINE print head technology for great photo printing. When using select genuine Canon photo papers and inks, prints can resist fading for up to 100 years when stored in an archival quality photo album2. The up to 100-year-lifespan rivals that of many traditional film based photos, long considered by consumers to be the benchmark for image permanence. Prints produced on Canon Photo Paper Pro with ChromaLife100-compatible inks have an up to ten-year gas fastness when exposed to open air2. Prints created with the ChromaLife100 system, comprised of genuine Canon ink and photo paper like Photo Paper Pro or Photo Paper Plus Glossy, have up to 30-year lightfastness when displayed under glass2.
Canon Creative Park
Looking to extend creativity beyond just photos and documents? Consumers can now try Canon's new Creative Park website at www.canon.com/c-park. The site offers free 3-D paper craft projects, scrapbooking templates and embellishments, novel greeting cards, educational materials and the opportunity to learn more about digital photography.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The company is listed as one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies in America and is rated #35 on the BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands.” Its parent company Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ) is a top patent holder of technology, ranking second overall in the U.S. in 2005, with global revenues of $31.8 billion. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Specifications are subject to change with notice.
- Pricing and availability are subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon under controlled temperature, humidity, and gas conditions. For the 100 year figure, Canon simulated storage in an album with plastic sleeves. For the 30 year lightfastness figure, Canon simulated display of a photo in a glass frame in an indoor location without direct sunlight or other hoigh intensity light. The 10 year gas fastness figure is based on a testing ratio of gases typical to an indoor air composition (O3::NOx:SOx=3:19:1) with 100 times concentration in order to accelerate color fading. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors. See www.consumer.usa.canon.com/ChromaLife100 for additional details.
- Compatible memory cards include Compact Flash, Micro drive, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO , SD Card, and Multimedia card v.3.31. xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo. Memory Stick PRO Duo, RS-MMC v.3..31 and minSD card requires an additional adaptor, which must be purchased separately
- PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- Resolutions may vary based on printer driver settings. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum
(First posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 at 00:00 EDT)