Kyocera Japan announces new digicams!|
Michael R. Tomkins, The Imaging Resource
(Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 11:40 EST)
FineCam S3x, S4 go on sale in March in Japan; US availability unknown...
Kyocera Corp. has today caught us unawares by announcing two new digital cameras for the Japanese marketplace. The FineCam S3x and S4 are ultracompact 3x optical zoom digicams with 3 and 4 megapixel CCD image sensors respectively. Both cameras will ship in March in Japan, however when we spoke to Kyocera USA recently we weren't informed of the cameras so presumably US plans have not been decided.
We'll attempt to provide full specifications for both cameras on the site later today, pending translation of the specifications sheets. In the meantime though, a summary of the highlights follows:
- Similar to the previous Kyocera FineCam S3 (also sold as the Konica KD-300Z and Maxell ZD3 with slight styling differences)
- 16% larger by volume and 9% heavier than the FineCam S3
- 1/1.8" 3.34 or 4.13 megapixel CCDs
- Final image sizes of 2048 x 1536 or 2272 x 1704
- FineCam S3's f/2.8 - 3.5 38 - 76mm 2x optical zoom is replaced with an f/2.8 - 4.8 35 - 105mm 3x optical zoom.
- FineCam S3's fixed flash replaced with pop-up flash of similar power
- Most other specs similar or identical to previous model
|The FineCam S3X will be available in silver...|
|...and lavender on the Japanese market.|
|Kyocera's FineCam S4|