Picture Information Extractor updated!|
(Monday, September 10, 2001 - 01:19 EDT)
PIE v3.2 adds slide shows, subfolder transfer, Canon .THM support and more...
PicMeta Software's Holger Jungk emailed with news of an update to imaging utility Picture Information Extractor (PIE). If you're not familiar with the program, PIE has quite a few useful features. It transfers images to your PC, renames image files, allows viewing/extracting of the EXIF information stored in them (such as shutter speed, aperture, time, date, etc.), has a basic file manager, lossless image rotation, and a picture viewer with pan/zoom capability. The latest version, PIE v3.2, has the following updates:
A 15-day time-limited evalutation version of PIE is available from the PicMeta website, and the program runs on Windows computers only. The program can be registered at a cost of $19.95, and registered users receive free technical support and notification of upgrades / other products via e-mail...
- Added slide show feature
- Transfer from memory card now includes subfolders
- Support for Canon THM-files. Used for renaming and picture info for CRW and AVI files
- New option for setting the initial folder
- New option for setting the default open/double click action
- Fullscreen mode now displays advanced information
- Improved WAV file support
- More cameras supported, minor fixes and UI changes