|ACDSEE 4.0 HITS DESKTOPS TODAY|
ACD Systems' latest version of flagship product unveils forty new features
Victoria, BC - September 26, 2001 - ACD Systems International Inc. (TSE: ASA), the digital imaging company, today announced the release of ACDSee 4.0, the latest version of the world's most popular digital imaging software. Version 4.0 gives home and business users almost 40 new features including a redesigned user interface for highly efficient workflow. It is the industry's most powerful and complete tool for viewing, managing, printing and sharing digital images quickly and easily. ACDSee 4.0 offers unprecedented functionality with intuitive, fast, and easy-to-use features that include:
* Easier and Faster Image Viewing, Browsing and Enhancing - ACDSee 4.0 features a redesigned user interface that creates a highly efficient workflow for beginners, a feature that advanced users are easily able to customize. Users are able to edit multiple images at one time and browse through thousands of image thumbnails "offline" at high speed. ACDSee 4.0 supports over 50 image and multimedia formats.
* More Powerful Image Management - Users can organize images and thumbnails in easy to use album folders, CD's and other offline volumes. Search capabilities are based on a wide range of characteristics including image attributes, digital camera information, and duplicate content.
* Advanced Multimedia Compatibility - ACDSee 4.0 now supports multimedia files allowing users to view video files, create still pictures from video files, and add audio to still pictures. Version 4.0 can be configured to launch a favorite video, audio or image editor from within the program. Multimedia support options include DirectX 8.0 and QuickTime 4.
* New Printing and Sharing Features - Users can order prints online through ACDSee's online photo service partners. In addition, ACD's free SendPix photo sharing service enables users to post images to photo albums on the Internet instead of sending large files via e-mail.
* Optimized Image Capture Capabilities - Users can capture images directly from a number of new sources including screen captures, USB storage devices, and a wide range of digital cameras. An added feature allows users to create and separate multiple page TIFF documents.
President and CEO Doug Vandekerkhove commented, "ACDSee 4.0 is a powerful and easy-to-use product. With plug-in extensibility, ACDSee 4.0 also offers tailored solutions to our business and O.E.M. customers. We are confident that the program's spectrum of features will meet the demands of our present loyal users while attracting a broad range of new customers, from the first time user of digital cameras to the veteran "power user."
The release of ACDSee 4.0 follows a number of significant announcements the company has made recently. In the past six months the company has signed distribution, O.E.M. and software development agreements with a number of companies including HP, Canon and Pentax. ACD has also released two mobile versions of ACDSee for Palm and Windows CE operating systems. These recent announcements represent significant strategic milestones in positioning ACD as a leader in an industry that is experiencing explosive growth in spite of a general economic downturn.
"As the digital imaging market grows," added Mr. Vandekerkhove "we are becoming the digital imaging industry's hub. It is our belief that our frequent product upgrades, innovative ideas and strategic global partnering will lead to the realization of our goals."
According to IDC, the number of digital images captured is expected to grow from 3.5 billion in 1999 to 34 billion in 2004. While corporations such as Microsoft and Kodak are expanding the boundaries of digital imaging by educating first time consumers, market leaders like ACD Systems are driving further into the consumer, OEM and business channels through value added solutions that meet the changing needs of the marketplace.
US Availability and Pricing:
ACDSee 4.0 is available today for download from the company's Web site and will be available in the company's U.S. retail outlets. The software is priced at $49.95. For more information, please see www.acdsystems.com.
Other language versions of ACDSee 4.0 will be available before the end of the year.
About ACD Systems International Inc.
Headquartered in British Columbia since 1993, ACD Systems International (TSE: ASA) is one of the world's leading developers and marketers of digital imaging software. The Company has a history of 100% annual revenue growth and consistent profitability. ACD has penetrated the global marketplace through advanced Internet distribution and strategic partnerships with manufacturers and developers. ACD has an estimated user-base of 24 million including over 33,000 corporate customers and many Fortune 500 companies. For further details, please visit us at our corporate web site: www.ACDSYSTEMS.com