Fuji FinePix F401: Details begin to appear!|
(Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 00:56 EDT)
Camera we first mentioned last Thursday is about to be unveiled...
Last week, we told you about an upcoming camera from Fuji Japan - and whilst there's still no official announcement on Fuji's website, some details have been provided by Yamada Kumio of the digitalcamera.jp website. In brief, Yamada says the camera (to be called the FinePix F401) has the following features:
At this time, we've no information as to whether this camera will be available outside of Japan. Watch this space for more news as we can provide it...
- 1/2.7" 2.1 megapixel SuperCCD III imager
- Largest (interpolated) image size equivalent to 4.0 megapixels
- Maximum ISO rating of 1600 (at megapixel resolution using pixel doubling)
- 3x optical zoom lens
- Similar design style to the Japanese-only FinePix 4500 digital camera; 27.5 mm thick
- Blue LEDs in the camera's hand-grip indicate when it is powered on, and when the self-timer is activated
- Camera dock with USB connectivity and in-camera battery recharging will be available as an option
- Will sell in Japan from June 19th at a price of ¥64,800 (US$522; €557; £357 - conversion doesn't take into account exchange rate fluctuations, sales and import taxes and duties, etc.)