Coolpix 2500: New firmware released!|
(Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 14:30 EDT)
Japanese and European customers get fixes for WindowsXP problems, and a couple of updates as well...
Nikon Japan and Europe have both released a new version of firmware for the Coolpix 2500 digital camera. Japanese customers can get the firmware here, whilst European customers should go here.
We'd strongly recommend customers in other markets not to try and use this firmware - wait for a short while and we'd expect it will be released for you too. The usual caveats about firmware upgrades also apply - follow the instructions to the letter unless you're planning on using your expensive digital camera as a paper weight! ;)
With that out of the way, changes are as follows:
- The Transfer button can now be used to transfer images when the USB Mode setting is set to PTP. This capability is part of the Firmware Upgrade version 1.1, but correct functioning is dependent on the following computer requirements:
- Use on a computer running Windows XP or later, or Mac OS 10.1.3 or later
- Use Nikon View 5.1 or later
- Support for Exif2.2 (popularly known as Exif Print)
- Problems occurring when images were rotated under Windows XP have been corrected. Shooting Data is now maintained even when photos have been rotated using the rotation function included with the Windows XP.