Original Source Press Release:
Maha: New charger optimizes battery life|
(Monday, October 14, 2002 - 15:34 EDT)
Maha Energy Corp. has announced a new addition to its line of NiMH battery chargers that sell under the PowerEx brandname.
The Maha PowerEx MH-C401FS "100 minute cool charger" has some rather attractice features, including independent circuits for more accurate charging of individual cells, as well as a new charging algorithm that offers a choice of 100 minute fast-charges or 5-hour slow-charges with microprocessor control to ensure that batteries are charged completely, but not overheated.
Dave has had a look at a first-production model, and is finding it very nice indeed. We'll have a review of the MH-C401FS, which can charge AA or AAA cells and costs $49.95 including four 1800mAh batteries and a car kit, coming next week.
Courtesy of Maha, we have a brief list of features and specifications for the MH-C401FS, along with the official press release:
Maha Energy Corp.
- Charges 1-4 AA / AAA batteries under 100 minutes.
- Much lower battery temperature at full charge improves battery life. Up to 25% cooler than similar chargers.
- Much lower battery temperature at full charge improves battery's ability to take a more complete charge; increases battery runtime by increasing effective charging capacity.
- Four independent channels.
- Ability to go to manual slow charge which is a gentle 5 hour, microprocessor controlled charge.
- Compact size compared to similar devices.
- New algorithm to enhance battery termination.
- Rapid Charging Current: 1000mA (AA); 500mA (AAA)
- Slow Charging Current: 300mA (with microprocessor cutoff)
- Trickle Charging Current: 50mA
- Microprocessor: Moving-Window Negative Delta V. Four independently controlled channels.
- Cell Configuration: 1, 2, 3 or 4 AA / AAA NiMH Batteries.
- Power Supply: 12V 1000mA (car capable)
- Certifications: UL, cUL, FCC, CE, C-tick, ITS CB, GS
Powered by Coranto
|PowerEx Introduces New 100 Minute Cool Charger|
LA VERNE, CA -- Maha Energy Corp., the maker of the PowerEx brand batteries and chargers, unveils its latest battery charger for AA & AAA batteries: MH-C401FS. Dubbed the "100 minute cool charger," this charger is designed to charge with speed and accuracy. The enhanced FLEX negative pulse microprocessor not only drops charging temperature but it also delivers the most complete charge for charger in its class. In its new marketing campaign, PowerEx is introducing the new slogan "Your high capacity batteries wouldn't last long without a PowerEx charger." Regardless of the capacity of the batteries, if they cannot be fully charged customers like digital camera users would not be able to fully enjoy the potential of the batteries. The new FLEX negative pulse algorithm also significantly enhances battery life. The new flagship charger from Maha will carry an unprecedented lifetime limited warranty.
The MH-C401FS is also the first charger on the market to offer users the choice to choose between a 100 minute rapid charge and a slower and gentle 5 hour charge, both driven by microprocessor termination control to prevent overcharge. Accomplished simply by flipping a switch, the 5 hour gentle charge achieves ultra-cool charging when charging time is not crucial.
Unlike some ultra-fast charger on the market, the MH-C401FS charger has four independently controlled and powered channels to charge and monitor each battery individually. This allows each battery to be charged to its full potential without the risk of overcharging. The charger can charge one, two, three or four batteries.
The PowerEx charger, built from the software up, features new charging and termination algorithm not found on any consumer charger on the market. The MH-C401FS battery/charger kit, which includes four 1800mAh NiMH batteries, battery carrying case and car kit, will retail for US$ 49.95. The worldwide travel edition will retail for $59.95.
Maha Energy Corp., a leading provider of consumer and industrial battery and charging solution, operates a global network of manufacturing, design and distribution locations to serve both standard and OEM customers.