Nikon View Mac / Windows updated|
(Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 03:05 EST)
Nikon USA has released updates to its digital imaging software for both the Windows and MacOS operating systems.
Our friends over at the Digital Camera Resource Page were quick to spot an update to Nikon View, which is now at v5.1.4 on the PC, and v5.5 on the Mac. Changes are as follows:
Nikon View 5.1.4 for Windows
Nikon View 5.5 for Macintosh
- RAW images taken with the D1X can now be displayed at a size of ten megapixels (4,016 x 2,616 pixels) when opened in Nikon Editor or the NEF plug-in. D1X RAW images can also be opened at a size of six megapixels (3,008 x 1,960 pixels), as in earlier versions of Nikon View.
- Images can now be printed at their native resolution (size).
- Images taken with a camera that supports Exif 2.2 can now be saved in Exif 2.2.
- Fixed bug that prevented users from setting white balance to "Auto" in the RAW palette.
- Fixed bug that prevented display of lens type (D or G) in the Nikon Editor shooting data list for images taken with Nikon lenses that output a D (distance information) signal mounted on cameras that support the recording of this information.
- Fixed bug that prevented display of lens type (D, G, or VR) in the shooting data for Nikon Editor (lens type is only displayed in the case of images taken with the D100 or with firmware version 1.10 of the D1X/D1H).
- Fixed bug that caused program to crash when appending images to e-mail with the "Reduce size to" option selected.
- Fixed bug that prevented images from being downloaded to a Pocket PC under Windows 98 SE and Windows Me (support for Pocket PC is available only in the U.S.A.).
The Macintosh update is a 22MB download compatible with MacOS 9.0.4, 9.1, 9.2 and OS X 10.1.3 or later. The Windows update is a 13MB download which works on Windows 98 SE, Me, 2000 Professional, and XP Home or Professional.
- Improvements have been made to display speed in the Nikon Browser thumbnail list (Mac OS X).
- Nikon Browser can now be used to rename any number of files and folders simultaneously.
- Nikon Browser can now be used to copy or move any number of files and folders simultaneously.
- Nikon Browser now supports network volumes.
- Nikon Viewer can now be synchronized with Nikon Browser. If both windows are open, clicking a thumbnail once in Nikon Browser will automatically display the selected image in Nikon Viewer.
- Changes have been made to the procedure for selecting the information that will be printed with images.
- Images can now be printed with the date of recording superimposed.
- Settings are now available for printing images as labels for Zip-disk and CD cases.
- The "E-mail" dialog has been changed.
- The "Upload Preview" dialog has been changed.
- Pictures stored in other color-space profiles can now automatically be converted to sRGB when uploaded to the web or sent by e-mail.
- The Shooting Data area now contains a "Scene Mode" entry.
- The Shooting Data area is now closed by default.
- Nikon Transfer can no longer be used to catalog images in a third-party database after transfer.
- The Cumulus filter for Nikon digital cameras can no longer be used.