MacBibble gets a major overhaul|
(Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 04:54 EST)
Eric Hyman, the man behind Bibble - a superb RAW file processor available for both Mac and Windows - has released a new version of the program for those on Apple computers, we hear.
MacBibble 3.0 is a major update, and supports MacOS 9 and OS X. Full details of the changes and new features can be found here, but in brief:
Hop on over to the Bibble Labs website to download a copy of the program. Existing MacBibble users who registered after 06/01/02 will receive a free upgrade, otherwise the upgrade price is $69. New users pay $99 with the price fixed through the end of the year, and volume upgrades available.
- Fully Multithreaded and G4 optimized - Eric claims that MacBibble is up to 10x faster than Nikon Capture 3.5, and says that similar gains can be had for other RAW image formats.
- Support for new cameras - Support includes the Nikon D1, D1X, D1H and D100; Fuji FinePix S2 Pro; Olympus Camedia E10 and E20; Kodak DCS 720x and 760. Canon cameras are not yet supported, but are planned to be in "the near future".
- Live Options - When you make a change, it is applied instantly to the preview image.
- Persistent Options - changes to images are saved in a .bib file allowing them to be recalled for later use.
- Sticky Dialogs - Your window layouts and sizes are remembered.
- Browser Overhaul including larger thumbs - self explanatory.
- IPTC Captioning support - Captions may be added to images both alone and in batches.
- Numerous other changes...