Gamma Control 2.2 Released|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:53 EDT)
A free Mac OS X utility to change monitor gamma on the fly gets an update.
Michel Fortin has released version 2.2 of Gamma Control, his free OS X utility to change monitor gamma on the fly without resorting to ColorSync's Calibration Assistant.
Highlights of the new version include:
- You can now drag the three knobs linked together by pressing shift key.
- Added a preference to avoid opening the control window at launch.
- Corrected a bug that could prevent adjusting a second screen.
- Corrected a bug where a click on dock icon could activate correction even if the activation check box was unchecked in the control window.
- The application can load Photoshop curve files in .amp format. It is still not possible to edit these files.
For more information or to download Gamma Control, visit http://www.gel.ulaval.ca/~fortin15/gamma-control.html.