Original Source Press Release:
Pentax *ist D remote control software|
(Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:30 EST)
Pentax Corp. has announced that it is preparing to release free software for both Macintosh and Windows-based computers that will allow users of its *ist D (pronounced ist-dee) digital SLR to control their cameras remotely over the USB connection.
The Windows version of the software will be available first, starting from this Thursday (March 18th), whilst the Mac version will follow around mid-April. Users will be able to set basic and auxiliary functions including user-selectable custom functions and trigger the shutter from their computer. The software also allows interval shooting, and can automatically download images to your PC's hard disk for storage after capture, giving you the ability to shoot for (practically speaking) as long as you like without changing flash cards, if you're on AC power.
Powered by Coranto
|Pentax Corporation announces Remote Assistant software available March 18|
PENTAX Corporation announced it will distribute the PENTAX REMOTE Assistant* camera control software to users of the PENTAX *ist D digital SLR camera via the Internet. The software can be downloaded free of charge from the PENTAX Web site (http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp) beginning on March 18, 2004, for Windows users and after mid April for Macintosh users.
The PENTAX REMOTE Assistant is designed to expand the capabilities of the PENTAX *ist D when the camera is connected via USB cable to a personal computer with the software installed. Advanced functions and user-friendly features that the software offers to *ist D users include:
* This software is equivalent in English only.
- Remote shutter release and interval shooting from the computer. (The interval shooting function is available only in combination with a computer.
- Direct uploading and filing of captured images onto the computer's hard disk drive, without having to store them on the camera's memory card.
- Setting and adjustment of basic and auxiliary functions, including user-selectable custom functions, on the computer.
- OS: PC running Windows Me (with ASPI driver version 4.70 or later), Windows 2000 or Windows XP (HomeEdition / Professional); Macintosh running OS 9 (9.0 or higher with CarbonLib version 1.5 or later) or Mac OS X (10.1.3 or later).
- CPU: Pentium III or later (Windows); PowerPC G3 or later (Macintosh)
- Memory capacity: over 256MB.
- Hard disk capacity: over 70MB.
- Display: 24-bit full-color monitor capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors at 1024 x 768 resolution.
- A standard USB port required.