|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Alien Skin Software Releases Eye Candy 5: Textures
Raleigh, NC -- Alien Skin Software today announced the immediate availability of Eye Candy 5: Textures (Textures), a plug-in collection of 10 texture generators for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Jasc Paint Shop Pro and Macromedia Fireworks. The first of a three-part upgrade to Eye Candy 4000, Textures produces a variety of surfaces, including photo-realistic snake and lizard skin, fur, brick, stone and wood.
Photographers can quickly create digital backgrounds for portraiture while graphic artists can conjure up backgrounds, skins, seamless tiles and more.
Users who rely on stock textures are often limited by the contents of their libraries. Textures provides a limitless variety of photo-realistic effects for the cost of a typical stock CD. With the addition of a seamless tile option for every filter, tiling is quick and easy.
Textures includes settings for over 200 frequently used effects. An improved settings management system makes it easy to browse, share and expand this settings collection.
Textures works with 16-bit images and does not compromise expanded color depth. Color transitions are smoother, with less banding, and print documents reproduce colors more accurately.
- Animal Fur simulates the fur of almost any jungle beast or household pet.
- Brick Wall creates a limitless variety of brick, tile and block textures. (New)
- Diamond Plate beefs up wimpy text and creates tough embossed backdrops. (New)
- Marble creates virtually any style of architectural marble from Travertine to Brecciated.
- Reptile Skin reproduces almost any scaled skin using Lizard or Snake patterns. (New)
- Stone Wall simulates a wide variety of stonework from cobblestones to residential veneers. (New)
- Swirl transforms images into impressionist paintings, aligning spirals and whirlpools with image details.
- Texture Noise creates lighting effects, grain and static, as well as psychedelic textures.
- Weave simulates woven textures, such as denim or satin.
- Wood quickly creates realistic sawn wood surfaces such as pine, mahogany, and oak.
Textures is the first of three Eye Candy 5 plug-in collections. The remaining two, 10-filter upgrades will be released in 2005. Eye Candy 5: Nature will simulate fire, smoke and more. Eye Candy 5: Impact will include the graphic design effects that made Alien Skin Software famous. For those who want bevels, shadows and other classic effects now, Eye Candy 4000 remains available.
Pricing & Availability
The estimated street price for Textures is $99. Registered users of other Alien Skin Software products receive discount pricing when ordering direct. Online delivery is available at the Alien Skin Web site: http://www.alienskin.com. Textures is also available worldwide through stores, catalogs and resellers.
Textures is a plug-in; it must be used with one of the following: Adobe Photoshop 7 or later, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 or later, Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004 or later or Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 or later.
Windows users must have at least a 1 GHz Pentium III processor, 256 MB RAM and Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Macintosh users must have at least a 500 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, 256 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later.
(First posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 21:22 EDT)