|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Coolatoola Releases DV Backup 1.3
With up to 16.5GB of storage on each low cost, high capacity 60 minute MiniDV (or Video8/Hi8) tape, a single one hour tape can store over than three times more data than a 4.7GB DVD-R disc.
Coolatoola has updated DV Backup, their $50 Mac OS X backup software that relies a digital camcorder as the recording device. The product was recently reviewed by Imaging Resource.
DV Backup 1.3 (Standard Edition) supports these features:
• Backup, restore, verify with up to 10.9GB (SP) and 16.5GB (LP) capacity per hour of tape
• Hard drive store to keep regularly-accessed backups conveniently available
• Capability to seemlessly span backups over an unlimited number of multiple tapes
• Ability to perform selective backups and restores (with "Direct Access" for restoring)
• Ability to group regularly-used file/folder collections into named sets for convenience
• Option of incremental and compressed backups
• Full table-of-contents listing for each tape including user comments
• Unattended scheduled backups feature
• Fully automatic control of the camera including all tape positioning
• User-configurable buffer size with underrun and overrun prevention
• 8 levels of error protection/recovery, from none through to full duplication
• File/folder archive during backup, de-archive during restore
• PAL, NTSC and SECAM MiniDV, Digital8 and DVCAM devices supported
• Drag-and-drop functionality
For more information or to download the demo, visit http://coolatoola.com.
(First posted on Tuesday, July 6, 2004 at 16:05 EDT)