|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Software Release Announcement: PhotoFirst™ Version 1.2 Mac OS X Edition
Groton, MA - Pixingo LLC announces the release of the latest version (1.2) of PhotoFirst™ on Wednesday, August 4, 2004.
PhotoFirst™ is powerful digital photography workflow software. It is designed by, and for, professional photographers to simplify, streamline and save time in the management of their digital photographs from camera to client presentation. This fully integrated package allows the photographer to create job sessions that keep track of photos, photographer and job information and automatically tracks time spent on a project. Once imported, images can be organized, developed (if RAW), edited, grouped, batch corrected and renumbered. When done to the photographer's satisfaction, the photos are exported for viewing by the client - as 'studio branded' custom Web galleries, proof sheets and/or resized image files. Photographer, job and copyright information travels with all images and the source files are never changed. A built in, side-by-side comparison window allows real time review and selection with customers for use as a sales tool.
Version 1.2 incorporates RAW processing support for 11 new digital SLR cameras, new customer-requested features, and new state-of-the-art software algorithm implementations for image quality and speed. These include:
Background & Contact Info
- RAW processing support for (* are new for 1.2): Canon 1D, 1D Mark II*, 1DS, 300D*, 10D, D30 and D60. Fuji FinePix S2 Pro. Kodak Pro 14n*, Pro 14nx*, Pro SLR/c*, Pro SLR/n*, and ProBack 645*. Minolta DiMAGE 7. Nikon D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D70*, and D100*. Olympus E-1*, E-20. Sigma SD 9 and SD 10*.
- An advanced "box averaging" algorithm yields significant improvement in speed and quality of down-scaled images generated for Web galleries, proofs and JPEG output.
- Speed and quality enhancements to Pixingo's Edge Directed Interpolator for RAW file processing.
- Ten (10) levels of JPEG compression are now supported in all export jobs.
- Two (2) new Web gallery templates have been added that include vertical and horizontal scrolling thumbnails.
- New defaults and default settings have been incorporated into the Web gallery, proof sheet and custom photo size export wizards.
- Image quality improvements to existing Camera Profiles.
Pixingo LLC is a privately held company based in Groton, MA. We are a 'photographer focused' company committed to meeting the workflow software needs of all working photographers and actively encourage their feedback. Our Web site is located at: www.pixingo.com
Product: PhotoFirst™ Version 1.2 Mac OS X Edition
Platform: Apple Mac OS X version 10.1 required. Panther, version 10.3 or
higher, is recommended. (A Windows XP version is in development)
Availability: Wednesday, August 4th, 2004 at http://www.pixingo.com
Pricing: Download: $125; CD w/manual: $150; 15-day Demo: $Free
(First posted on Monday, August 2, 2004 at 14:29 EDT)