Velvia Vision plugin released|
(Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 17:31 EDT)
Pro photographer Fred Miranda, whose name regular readers will recognize for his excellent series of PhotoShop actions for removing noise, recovering highlights and more, has just released another new tool for you digital arsenal that aims to give your images the look of Velvia film.
The plugin for Photoshop 6, 7 or CS, has quite a few features:
Both PC and Mac versions are available, with a cost of $24.90 for either version. The plugin is compatible with JPEG or TIFF files, either straight from the camera or scanned from film (RAW files can be converted to TIFF or JPEG in another program, before being accepted by Velvia Vision).
- 200% range of error-free color enhancement intensity slider. (-100 to 100%)
- Smart Contrast enhances tonal range whenever needed without clipping important highlight and shadow information.
- Smart Color Correction provides natural colors by editing color information in the shadows and highlights.
- Warm Colors adds a natural late afternoon lighting mood to your photos.
- Add dynamic range rescues important shadow and highlight detail, expanding your photo's tonal range.
- Ability to "Save", "Load" and "Delete" custom Velvia Vision profiles.
- Ability to "Preview" changes real time without leaving the plugin.
- Option to save results as a new layer or to edit your original file.
For more details, visit Fred Miranda's website.