|The Just Show Me How Professional seminar series helps photographers improve their digital workflow|
Industry-leading imaging companies share professional digital workflow secrets to photographers in 10 cities nationwide
NEW YORK, November 05, 2004 - How do digital photographers handle thousands of pictures, maintain quality and efficiency in their work, and stay competitive? Several leading digital photography companies - including Extensis, GretagMacbeth, Lexar, Mirra, Nik Multimedia, Wacom, Microsoft, Adobe, and Blue Pixel - have partnered together to address these questions. While most professional seminars focus on the camera, editing, or printing, the Just Show Me How seminar gives photographers the tools and knowledge they need to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the complete digital process - after they've taken the picture. The Just Show Me How Tour for professional photographers begins in February 2005 and will visit 10 cities through April 2005.
The seminar will be taught by Rob Galbraith, professional photographer and digital photography educator. Rob will guide attendees through the process of creating an end-to-end solution that really works, using the best features of the hardware and software available today. The goal of these seminars is to help serious and professional photographers refine the process after the picture is taken, so that they can direct their creative energies into what they really love - shooting pictures.
Specifically, Rob will teach attendees how to:
About Rob Galbraith
- Automate the transfer of digital images to the computer
- Sort and select digital images efficiently
- Construct a complete, color-managed editing environment
- Select and effectively use the correct tools and plug-ins for Photoshop
- Backup and catalog digital images for easy searching and retrieval
- Print digital images quickly and effectively
- Implement goof-proof methods for making files available to clients
A professional photojournalist who converted to digital photography in 1994, Rob Galbraith is a respected editorial freelance photographer, digital photography trainer, and digital imaging workflow consultant. He was the first photographer to have a digitally shot photograph nominated for the prestigious National Newspaper Award, one of journalism's highest honors in Canada. As a trainer, he has consulted to more than 200 news organizations, top-tier photographers and digital product manufacturers worldwide and has led dozens of seminars on the use of digital cameras in professional photography. He is also the author of The Digital Photojournalist's Guide, a book on the use of digital cameras in photojournalism that spanned 4 editions. In addition, he is the publisher of Rob Galbraith Digital Photography Insights (www.robgalbraith.com), a web site for serious and professional digital photographers.
Seminar Registration Details
Interested seminar attendees should visit www.justshowmehowpro.com to register for an upcoming event. The cost to attend is $149 in advance or $169 for day of, walk-in registration.
About the Just Show Me How partners:
- Adobe (www.adobe.com) helps people and businesses communicate better through its world-leading digital imaging, design and document technology platforms for consumers, creative professionals and enterprises
- Blue Pixel's (www.bluepixel.net) mission is to teach digital photography from an unbiased, real world perspective by leading digital photographers
- Extensis (www.extensis.com), a Celartem company, is the world's leading provider of software solutions that empower digital asset creators and users
- GretagMacbeth (www.gretagmacbeth.com) is a worldwide technology leader of color management solutions for graphic arts, photography, digital imaging, paints, plastics, apparel, textiles and automotive, among other industries
- Lexar (www.lexar.com) is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high-performance digital media and accessories
- Microsoft (www.microsoft.com), founded in 1975, is the worldwide leader
in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and
- Mirra (www.mirra.com) delivers the only smart and easy way to store, share, retrieve, and protect digital photos - the Mirra Personal Server
- Nik Multimedia, Inc. (www.nikmultimedia.com) provides innovative software solutions for the emerging digital imaging, photographic and graphic design markets
- Wacom Technology (www.wacom.com) is the leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays and pen input technology for mobile devices