|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: PixelGenius Releases PhotoKit Color
Chicago, IL - November, 6th, 2004 - Pixel Genius LLC ships PhotoKit™ Color, a new product launch by PixelGenius. PhotoKit Color is an Adobe® Photoshop® Automate Plug-in that applies precise color corrections, automatic color balancing and creative coloring effects. With a retail price of $99.95, PhotoKit Color offers a comprehensive set of coloring tools for Photoshop 7.0 and Photoshop CS for both Macintosh and Windows.
Color plays a huge role in how we perceive and describe the world we see, so it's hardly surprising that one of the first things we want to do to a photograph when we bring it into Photoshop is to adjust accurately or play creatively with the color in the image. Photographers in particular have long desired to reproduce traditional photographic processes digitally using Photoshop. PhotoKit Color provides a comprehensive suite of effects that let you recreate creative effects like black and white split toning and cross processing. All these effects are applied as separate layers so the user can make further variations, adapting each effect to suit their own tastes. But that's not all! With PhotoKit Color, you can enhance specific colors in your photographs. You can make skin tones less red or lighter. With the Blue Enhance effect you can darken a blue sky and enhance the cloud contrast. And with the RSA Gray Balance set, you can automatically remove color-casts from almost any type of image.
PhotoKit Color provides the following effect modules:
Like all PhotoKit effects, PhotoKit Color effects are non-destructive layer-based edits that never touch your original image data. Because they are layer-based, you can increase or decrease the strength by changing layer opacity, or make local adjustments using layer masks, so you always remain in control. PhotoKit Color will never modify the original pixels in your image so you are free to experiment and be more creative.
- Cross Processing provides 14 types of cross processing effects in varying strengths that match the conventional film techniques for processing negative film in transparency chemistry and processing transparency film in negative chemistry. Included are 6 Lab Color-based effects, which can produce vivid color results, and also inverted Lab color effects that simulate shooting with infrared color film.
- Color Overlay offers a set of 9 different color overlays that apply rich color filters to any image and add a subtle split color effect between the shadow and highlight colors.
- Split Toning can be applied to color or black and white images in RGB mode. The 12 split toning effects loosely match the conventional photographic processes used in the black and white darkroom. But the effects apply just as effectively to full color images as well.
- Tone Enhance is a set of effects which first appeared in the original PhotoKit plug-in and have now been updated and incorporated into PhotoKit Color. The 12 Tone Enhance effects allow you to increase or decrease the exposure and modify the image contrast in precise increments.
- Color Enhance lets you modify colors selectively in an image. For example, the Blue Enhance effect returns two layers that let you selectively darken the blues in an image and adjust the blue saturation. The Green Enhance effect lets you lighten the green colors selectively in a dark forest scene and boost the green contrast. Color Enhance contains a total of 18 effects that include: Blue/Amber grads, Warm/Cool filters, plus grainy pastel and grainy contrast effects, which simulate shooting with high speed color film.
- CC Correction offers a set of 18 effects that match the conventional Color Compensating filters that photographers have traditionally used to make small, precision color corrections. These CC effects are optimized for the main RGB color workspaces commonly used in Photoshop and they provide exact, reproducible color adjustments, no matter which common color space you prefer to use as your default workspace. The color working spaces directly supported are: Adobe RGB, ColorMatch RGB, Pro Photo RGB and sRGB.
- CT Correction produces larger color shifts using 5 orange/warming and 5 blue/cooling filters. These are also optimized for the main RGB color workspaces used in Photoshop, to provide exact, reproducible color temperature shift adjustments.
- RSA Gray Balance provides a revolutionary new type of automatic color correction. RSA Gray Balance Standard is a fast general purpose gray balancing tool which will color correct most photographs. RSA Gray Balance Fine offers a more accurate, but slower, method of color correction for trickier images. And finally, there is a RSA Neutralize that can effectively zap any deep colorcast.
For additional information about PhotoKit Color, please see the product page at: http://www.pixelgenius.com/color
Founded in 2001, Pixel Genius, LLC. is a collaboration of industry leading experts dedicated to creating leading edge products and services for the photographic and digital imaging industries. PixelGenius is an Illinois Limited Liability Corporation headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Company principals: Martin Evening, Bruce Fraser, Seth Resnick, Andrew Rodney, Jeff Schewe and Mike Skurski.
(First posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 at 12:27 EST)