|CASIO ANNOUNCES NEW QV-R SERIES DIGITAL CAMERA FEATURING 6 MEGAPIXEL CCD|
EXILIM Engine and Large 2.0-inch LCD Screen in a Compact Body
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 6, 2005 – Casio, Inc, in conjunction with it’s parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today, at the 2005 International CES Show, the QV-R62, a 6-megapixel digital camera in the popular QV-R range with improved image quality and responsiveness thanks to the incorporation of Casio’s proprietary EXILIM Engine. In addition, several new advanced features have been included to enhance overall performance. This compact model is the flagship in the QV-R series, and features a large 2.0-inch LCD screen and a 3X optical zoom lens in a compact aluminum body. The QV-R62, which is on display at Casio’s Booth # 9808, will be available at retail in January 2005, with an MSRP of $399.99.
“Since the first EXILIM, Casio has continued to create even more innovative cameras with greater rapid responsiveness and superior performance,” said John Clough, president, Casio, Inc. “Casio’s proprietary EXILIM Engine incorporates highly advanced circuitry to further enhance image processing and functional performance of the QV-R62, delivering superior images with remarkably high resolution and lower power consumption.”
The QV-R62 includes nearly instantaneous startup, astonishingly fast 0.01 second release time lag, and high speed continuous shooting of up to 3 photos in 1 second.
Bre Holley, Vice President of Sales, Digital Imaging Division at Casio, said, “We are really excited about this new addition. The new QV-R62 is even ahead of its QV-R51 sibling, a camera that won the prestigious 2004 DIMA (Digital Imaging Marketing Association) Digital Camera Shoot-Out Award, beating more than 50 other digital cameras from 13 manufacturers, to take the prize for best picture quality in the US $300 to $399 price range. We think we’ve delivered a product that meets our customers needs.”
Operation is extremely easy, with a large 2.0” LCD screen that clearly displays all information on shooting and photographic effects. With advanced operating features such as One-Touch direct REC and Play Modes, Best Shot Mode with 23 types of settings, and more, the QV-R62 represents the ultimate in high quality photography with carefree operation.
QV-R62 MAIN FEATURES
- 6-megapixel CCD with 3X optical zoom
High-resolution images are assured by the 6-megapixel CCD imaging element and 3X optical zoom. A 4X digital zoom is provided for a combined zoom of 12X.
- Comprehensive high-speed design
Attention to faster response throughout the operation cycle has resulted in a start-up time of approximately 1.0 second and a 0.01 second release time lag. The QV-R62 also features a high-speed continuous shooting function for taking up to 3 photos in 1 second.
- New high-performance functions
- Flash Assist -- Operates during flash photography to compensate for underexposure in areas which are not reached by flash
- Auto Macro -- Automatically switches between Macro mode and AF mode
- Business Shot – Business Shot function compensates for photos taken at an angle and records them as though taken from straight ahead
- Icon Help -- Uses pop-ups to guide the user during the switching of settings
QV-R62 GENERAL FEATURES
- Large 2.0-inch TFT LCD scratch-resistant acrylic panel monitor
- Direct On function for one-touch recording and playback.
- Can use regular AA alkaline or lithium batteries
- Compact aluminum body with high-quality rounded finish
- Advanced image noise reduction processing for improved image quality, particularly when shooting at night
- Movies (without audio) can be recorded up to the limit of the memory
- Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location
- High-speed playback scrolls at 0.1 second per image for faster and easier image searches.
- The Best Shot Mode accesses 23 camera setups in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
- Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- The Alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- The camera stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an on-screen album.
- Internal 9.7 MB flash memory, with a card slot that supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
- Favorites folder lets you store your favorite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT compatible printers.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching.
- Complies with Epson USB DIRECT-PRINT, so you can print directly on a USB DIRECT-PRINT printer* without using a computer.
*For further information on "USB Direct-Print" compatible printers, please contact: Regional Epson Sales Companies