Konica Minolta: New Maxxum 7D firmware|
(Monday, February 14, 2005 - 16:20 EST)
Konica Minolta has today released a new firmware version (v1.10) for its Maxxum 7D digital SLR, known outside the US as the Dynax 7D.
The company's release notes list a number of changes:
- Added the remote storage function which can be used in combination with the DiMAGE Transfer software.
- Speeded up its access to a memory card. This improvement shortens the writing speed to the memory card and USB data transfer speed. *Effect varies depending on the memory card.
- Added enlarged display function in both the histogram display and the index display in playback mode.
- Added luminance limit display function in the histogram display in instant playback.
- Modified the "No memory card" warning indication.
- Modified the following problems:
- External flash fires with its full power in rare cases.
- Camera freezes after self-timer recording in rare cases.
Maxxum 7D owners can download the firmware from Konica Minolta's US website; customers in other regions should contact their local Konica Minolta office to confirm availability of the firmware.