Original Source Press Release:
DxO releases Optics Pro v3.0|
(Friday, June 24, 2005 - 02:41 EDT)
A press release from French software company DxO Labs has announced that it has now released a new version of its DxO Optics Pro software.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0, which entered beta testing early last month, adds support for the Nikon D70s and Nikon D2X digital SLRs. It also adds a new noise reduction function that the company claims to offer a two stop noise reduction while retaining image detail, and what DxO calls its "Lighting Engine" that optimizes dynamic range and replicates the dodge / burn techniques that will be familiar to film photographers.
Available now in two versions, DxO Optics Pro v3.0 for prosumer and "expert amateur" digital SLRs costs US$159 / €124,90 plus sales tax while DxO Optics Pro v3.0 Elite at US$ 249 / €189,90 plus sales tax adds support for professional DSLRs. If you purchased version 2.2 of the program on or after April 20th, 2005, you can get the new version free of charge. Other existing users will pay US$ 49/ €39 plus sales tax to upgrade.
Powered by Coranto
|DxO Optics Pro V3.0 Software|
Thousands of beta testers confirm the ease-of-use and significant image quality improvements of the latest version
New support added for Nikon D70s and Nikon D2X
Paris, France, June 23, 2005 - DxO Labs announced today that DxO Optics Pro v3.0 Digital SLR and lens automatic image quality enhancement software is available on the company's e-store (http://store.dxo.com) and via selected resellers. DxO Optics Pro v3.0 incorporates revolutionary optics, noise and exposure corrections in an all-new, easy-to-use, feature-rich application for both Mac and PC users.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 now also includes support for two additional Nikon digital SLR camera bodies: the Nikon D70s and Nikon D2X. DxO Optics Pro v3.0 provides support for the Nikon D70s and the same range of lenses as currently supported for the Nikon D70. And new to DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is support for the Nikon D2X and an initial selection of compatible lenses with more to come over the coming weeks and months.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 passes public beta-testing with flying colors
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 was subjected to rigorous, in-the-field testing by tens of thousands of professional and advanced amateur photographers during worldwide public beta testing.
"The photography community got incredibly involved in the beta test. Their feedback was invaluable and we would like to publicly thank all of them," explained Luc Marin, Vice President of the Photography Business unit at DxO Labs. "Several thousand photographers also answered a follow-up questionnaire and confirmed, once again, the value that DxO Optics Pro delivers."
About the questionnaire
The questionnaire also inquired about the photographer's equipment usage, level of photographic interest and experience (professional, advanced amateur, etc.), experience with the beta product, etc.
- When asked if they felt that their camera and lenses were significantly enhanced by DxO Optics Pro v3.0, 85.9% of the participants responded affirmatively.
- Nearly as many participating photographers (82.4%) answered that DxO Optics Pro v3.0 was easy to use and significantly enhanced image quality.
- More than 2/3 of the photographers affirmed that they would be more likely to buy a camera or lens knowing that it is supported by DxO Optics Pro v3.0.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0: a milestone in automatic Digital SLR and lens image enhancement
Pricing and availability of full and upgrade versions
- At the core of DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is the award-winning DxO Optics Engine which, together with the associated DxO Lens modules, automatically removes lens distortion, vignetting, lens softness and lateral chromatic aberration.
- The DxO Raw Engine in DxO Optics Pro v3.0 has also been completely redesigned to offer photographers full control of the RAW conversion process.
- DxO Optics Pro v3.0 further incorporates several new DxO technologies:
- DxO Noise Engine is based on a set of unique algorithms developed by DxO Labs and on precise camera sensor modelization. The all-new DxO Noise Engine automatically achieves a reduction of up to two f-stops in image noise while preserving maximum detail.
- DxO Lighting Engine is a brand new DxO technology included in DxO Optics Pro v3.0. A unique local exposure and dynamic range optimizer, DxO Lighting Engine brings out the shadow detail of digital image files while preserving highlights, textures, colors and a natural look.
- Additionally, DxO Optics Pro v3.0 offers a choice of three operating modes to meet every demanding photographer's needs. All modes are fully batch-oriented for the greatest productivity. Users can switch between modes at any time.
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is offered in two versions with the same functionality but different levels of camera support:
DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is available in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, for both Macintosh and Windows (full system requirements on www.dxo.com).
- DxO Optics Pro v3.0 (US$159 / €124,90 plus sales tax) for prosumer and expert amateur Digital SLRs.
- DxO Optics Pro v3.0 Elite (US$ 249 / €189,90 plus sales tax) for all supported cameras, including professional Digital SLRs.
All purchasers of DxO Optics Pro 2.2 on or after April 20th, 2005 are eligible for a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v3.0. For all other users, upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v3.0 is offered at US$ 49/ €39 (plus sales tax).
About DxO Labs and its DxO Technology
DxO Labs is a software company developing image generation and enhancement technologies. We provide reliable off-the-shelf solutions for serious amateurs and professional photographers, photography journalists and experts as well as companies in the imaging business such as digital camera or cameraphone vendors, mobile operators, and printing or photofinishing professionals.
The company's patented DxO technologies, the DxO Technology Foundations, are the result of state-of-the-art academic mathematical research. The DxO Technology Foundations comprise a set of software components to generate images or correct major imaging defects, such as color, contrast, blur, various optics faults, JPEG artifacts, etc.
For more information, visit DxO Labs online at www.dxo.com
DxO is registered trademarks of DxO Labs. Other trademarks and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. DxO Labs disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.