PRESS RELEASE: Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II Film Scanner Receives Prestigious 2005 Honor
Mahwah, NJ (August 19, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. announces that the Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II 35mm film scanner has received the prestigious “European Scanner of the Year 2005-2006” award from the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA).
“This award is especially significant because it recognizes Konica Minolta’s commitment to offer advanced technology and reliability for consumers and professionals alike,” said Paul Zakrzewski, Director of Product Management for Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. “We are honored that EISA has selected the innovative yet affordable new DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II as a superior imaging product throughout Europe.”
The “European Scanner of the year 2005-2006” award was presented to the DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II based on high ratings for high-speed scanning, as well as sophisticated image correction that virtually eliminates the effects of scratches, dust, fading, graininess, and shadow and highlights using Digital ICE4™, and improved dynamic range and a noteworthy reduction in noise when using the Multi-sample Scanning feature.
In April, the Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II also received an award for “Best Film Scanner in Europe 2005” from the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA).
DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II Major Features
- Delivers 42.2 megapixels thanks to a high performance 5400 dpi 3-line color CCD.
- Film Expert Algorithm for improving color reproduction of negative film
- Quick Scan System for a faster workflow
- High speed scanning at 25 seconds* per frame even at 5400 dpi resolution
- Auto Loading Index that automatically starts index scanning when a film holder is loaded
- High Speed Preview to instantly display enlarged preview images
- High speed auto focus
- 16-bit A/D conversion (dynamic range of 4.8)
- Multi-sample scanning for reducing random noise
- Digital ICE4 to greatly increase work efficiency (Digital ICE for Dust & Scratch Removal, Digital ROC for Color Restoration, Digital GEM for Film Grain Management, and Digital SHO for Shadow & Highlight Optimization)
- Pixel Polish for various automatic image correction
- Quick Scan button that continuously scans 6 frames with a single press
- Manual Focus dial for adjusting focus as one desires
- 3 driver software programs to choose from
- Easy Scan Utility for easy 3-step scanning
- Batch Scan Utility for large volume scanning with less work
- DiMAGE Scan Utility for detailed image correction
- Master Setup that allows users to save and load all settings such as image correction, Digital ICE4 and others
- Edge-to-edge full frame scanning thanks to a new film holder that enables a 100% field of view.
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface
*Based on Konica Minolta’s standard test method under Windows environments.
Scan time under Macintosh environments is approximately 30 seconds per frame.
About The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA)
The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) consists of nearly 50 prominent magazines from 20 European countries in fields such as photography, video, audio and home theater. The EISA awards are presented annually to the best photographic equipment and chosen by the Photo Panel of EISA representing editor-in-chief and technical editors from these professional magazines.
About Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Mahwah, NJ, is the North American sales and marketing subsidiary of Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan). On August 5, 2003 Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. was formed to enhance both the competitive business capabilities and earning capacities of Konica Corporation and Minolta Co., Ltd.
Consumers around the world have come to know and trust the Konica and Minolta brands for all their imaging needs. Since the earliest days of the photo industry, Minolta and Konica have applied their talents and resources to create products and services that are essential to the world of imaging. Today, these efforts concentrate on the most important aspects of imaging: the quality of the images, the tools and methods for creating images, and the creation of environments for the application of images.
This focus on the essentials of imaging ties together the company’s key business and consumer product lines. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of 35mm and Advanced Photo System film, single-use cameras, digital and 35mm film cameras, accessory lenses, binoculars, photographic and color measurement meters. In addition the company offers color print photo papers, inkjet photo paper, digital minilabs, digital film scanners, optical instruments, software and advanced imaging and sensing technologies. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. also provides wholesale photofinishing services and Internet imaging services. It is a complete imaging company, from input through output.
For more information about Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., its products and services, visit www.kmpi.konicaminolta.us.
All brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
# # # # #
(First posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 at 02:00 EDT)