Nikon updates D2Hs, D2X firmware (UPDATED)|
(Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 07:19 EST)
Nikon Corp. has today released updated firmware for the D2Hs and D2X digital SLRs.
Available for download from the Nikon Asia and Nikon Europe websites (the latter of which requires you to have a free account and be logged in to be able to see the updates), the firmware fixes a number of issues which (with the exception of the last item) are shared by both camera models:
The firmware updates are available to download for installation from both Windows and Macintosh platforms. At the current time, no information on availability of similar updates has been posted on Nikon USA's website.
UPDATED 2005-11-08 13:42ET: The updates are now available for download from the websites of Nikon USA and Nikon Canada.
- Autofocus performance has been improved.
- Correction of a problem that prevented the AF-assist illuminator from operating with the Speedlights SB-29S, SB-29, SB-23, SB-22S, SB-22, SB-20
- Using the Speedlight SB-800, set to Distance-priority manual flash (GN), or Manual flash (M) with flash output set to full (M1/1) at a shutter speed of 1/250 s resulted in the top of the image appearing dark. This issue has been addressed. However, under the circumstances described above only, the guide number is reduced from that of full flash output level by approximately 0.6 EV.
- Errors in Dutch menus have been corrected.
- Correction of a reddish tint that occurred with Images captured at white-balance settings of Incandescent, Direct sunlight, Cloudy, Shade, and Choose color temp. (D2X only)