Roxio Releases Toast 7.0.2 Update|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 13:55 EST)
The venerable Mac OS X CD/DVD software package gets an update to three components.
Roxio has updated its $99.95 CD/DVD burning software package for Mac OS X with Toast Titanium 7.0.2, CD Spin Doctor 3.0.2 and Motion Pictures 2.1.1. The new release prompts for a re-burn during disc spanning after a single disc failure, correctly burns iMovie 5 projects with chapter markers, correctly displays iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums in folder, supports MPEG-4 and H.264 for iPod video and more.
The update can be downloaded from the Roxio site.
From the Release Notes:Toast Titanium v7.0.2:
CD Spin Doctor v3.0.2:
- Disc spanning now prompts to re-burn if a failure or error occurs while burning a single disc.
- Includes Roxio Restore v1.0.2 which resolves an issue related to not finding the index file during restore. This version is automatically added to the Application Support/Roxio folder on your hard disk when you run Toast. All existing spanned discs will detect and use this newer version during the restore process.
- Canceling burning while disc spanning now prompts for confirmation.
- iMovie 5 projects with chapter markers are now correctly burned to DVD.
- Media Browser now correctly displays iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums stored in Folders.
- Media Browser now correctly displays titles and chapters from CPRM protected DVD-VR discs.
- Video Export now properly supports MPEG4 and H.264 for iPod video.
- Resolves crashes decoding and exporting DivX video files and exporting for PlayStation Portable.
- Audio Export now properly supports MP4 for PlayStation Portable.
- Audio Export OGG and FLAC options are now properly enabled.
- "Toast It" desktop burning menu now correctly sends VIDEO_TS folders to the proper disc format.
- "No Menu" style option now works correctly for Music DVDs.
- Auto-play and continuous play options now work correctly for DVDs with a single image or single music track.
- GIFs and TIFFs now correctly work as background images for data discs.
- Resolves crashes that occur while moving or deleting files during the burn process.
- Resolves an issue where burning multiple copies of a DVD would not complete correctly.
- Displaying the recording sheet is no longer delayed if media is inserted while the record button is pressed.
- The project estimation gauge is now more accurate for dual-layer media.
- Resolves an issue where menus could become disabled if the screen saver activates while burning a disc.
- Includes Deja Vu backup scheduler v3.2.1 which resolves numerous issues (see http://www.propagandaprod.com/releasenotes.html for details). Deja Vu is installed by the Toast Setup Assistant which runs the first time you launch Toast and can also be selected from the Help menu.
- A "More DVD Menu Styles" link has been added to Help menu.
Motion Pictures v2.1.1:
- Resolves an issue where auto-define tracks would incorrectly detect splits.
- Desktop recording widget can now be installed directly from the New Recording dialog.
- Resolves an issue with crashes when playing back 192 kHz/24 bit audio files.
- Resolves an issue from crashing due to rapid starting and stopping of audio playback.
- Auto-rotate now correctly works with motion presets and when new pictures added.
- Motion editing rectangles now properly support portrait images.
- Group layouts now properly support portrait images.
- Rendered video now properly falls within TV-safe areas.
- Podcasts are now filtered out of audio list.
- Full screen preview and motion preview correctly revert back to main window when finished.
- Full screen preview is now blocked while encoding.
- Includes correct Help files for English, French, German and Japanese.