Adobe updates Camera Raw|
(Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:29 EST)
Our friends over at the Rob Galbraith Digital Photography Insights website are reporting that a new version of Adobe's Camera Raw plugin has now finished beta testing and been released to users.
The Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 3.3 plugin is compatible with Photoshop CS2, Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Photoshop Elements 4.0, and adds raw file support for 17 cameras from eight companies. With this update, Adobe Camera Raw now supports an impressive 108 cameras from 18 companies.
Newly supported models in Camera Raw 3.3 include:
There are also a number of changes to the software as follows:
- EOS 5D
- EOS 1D Mark II N
- EOS 20Da
- FinePix E900
- FinePix S5200 / 5600
- FinePix S9000 / 9500
- EasyShare P850
- EasyShare P880
- Mamiya ZD
- Nikon D200
- Sony DSC-R1
Adobe Camera Raw 3.3 is available for Windows and Macintosh computers as a free download.
- Improved redraw speed at some zoom levels.
- Added warning dialogs when attempting to cancel or reset the dialog when there are changes to non-selected images.
- Tuned Bayer demosaic algorithms.
- Fixed DNG decoding for some camera models.
- Write "legacy" IPTC data block (in addition to the existing XMP data block) to TIFF, JPEG, and PSD files saved directly.