|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Corel Introduces the Corel® Painter™ IX.5 Update
Corel® Painter™ IX.5 Simplifies the Photo Painting Process for Professional Users and Extends Support to New Intel-based Macs
ORLANDO, Fla., PMA Show Booth # 2261 - February 27, 2006 - Corel Corporation today unveiled the Corel® Painter™ IX.5 update to give professional photographers and artists new tools that make it easier than ever to transform photographs into paintings. Corel Painter IX.5 adds support for Rosetta™, enabling users to run Corel Painter on the new Intel-based Apple hardware. Corel Painter IX.5 is available now as a free download to registered Corel Painter IX customers and can be purchased directly from www.corel.com.
Corel Painter IX - the world's most powerful and enjoyable digital art studio - is the tool of choice for leading professionals and artists in industries including film, game development and photography. Photographers choose Corel Painter IX because it is the ideal tool to help them generate additional revenue by creating hand-crafted paintings from their photographs. The new Photo Painting Palettes that are now offered in Corel Painter IX.5 further simplify this creative process.
"Corel Painter IX is sparking an exciting trend among professional photographers who are offering their customers artistic renderings and beautiful painted portraits in addition to photographs. We want to make it simple for a photographer, who might not have artistic training, to start working in this exciting medium," said Sean Young, Product Manager for Corel Painter. "First introduced in Corel Painter Essentials 3, the Photo Painting Palettes in Corel Painter IX.5 add a new dimension of ease of use. Now photographers have new tools to help them get started with the photo-painting process, while still enjoying all the professional capabilities that can be found only in this industry-standard painting software."
New enhancements in Corel Painter IX.5 include:
Pricing and Availability
- Photo Painting Palettes - The new Photo Painting Palettes, including the Underpainting, Auto-Painting, and Restoration palettes, work together to help users kick-start the process of creating a beautiful hand-painted work of art from a photograph.
- Support for Rosetta running on Intel-based Macs - Customers running the latest hardware from Apple can enjoy working with Corel Painter and their Wacom® pen tablet, including support for the Wacom Intuos® 3 and the 6D Art Pen.
- Eraser Tool - Conveniently located in the toolbox, the new Eraser tool erases any medium on the canvas.
- Rubber Stamp Tool - The Rubber Stamp tool makes it easy for users to set up point-to-point cloning. Located in the toolbox, this tool lets users set a source and destination reference point, enabling them to clone within an image file or between different areas of separate image files.
- Cloner Tool - Conveniently located in the toolbox, the Cloner tool provides immediate access to the last-used Cloner brush and brush variant.
- Corel® Paint Shop™ Pro Support for Windows Users - Users can now open Corel Paint Shop™ Pro files (versions 9 and X).
- Send to Corel® Photo Album™ for Windows Users - New integration makes it easy to send files to Corel Photo Album™, helping customers manage their images and paintings.
- In addition, new customers purchasing Corel Painter IX.5 will also receive 11 hours of lynda.com training videos on 2 CDs - a $65 (USD) value.
Designed for both Macintosh and Windows, the Corel Painter IX.5 update is available for free to registered Corel Painter IX customers. Corel Painter IX.5 is also available for purchase by new customers from www.corel.com at the suggested retail price of $429 US ($579 CDN) for the full version, $229 US ($309 CDN) for the upgrade version and $99 US ($119 CDN) for the education edition. Corel Painter IX.5 will be available through Corel's reseller partners starting in April.
For more information, please visit www.corel.com/painter.
About Corel Corporation
Corel Corporation provides innovative software solutions that help millions of businesses and consumers in over 75 countries improve their productivity. Corel is renowned for its powerful software portfolio that combines innovative photo editing and graphics creation, vector-illustration, and technical-graphics applications along with office and personal productivity solutions. Corel's flagship products include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, WordPerfect® Office Suite, Corel Paint Shop™ Pro, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, and Corel Painter™.
Founded in 1985, Corel is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. For more information, please visit www.corel.com.
© 2006 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, Painter, CorelDRAW, WordPerfect, Corel DESIGNER, Paint Shop, Photo Album, and the Corel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. All other product, font and company names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
(First posted on Friday, March 3, 2006 at 15:35 EST)