|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Iridient Digital Releases RAW Developer 1.5.1 for Mac OS X
Iridient Digital has released RAW Developer 1.5.1, a maintenance update to our critically acclaimed RAW image conversion software for Mac OS X. This release fixes an issue with the Color Smoothing adjustment when set to values between 1 and 7 and is now compatible with QuickTime 6.4 or later on 10.3.9 again. Documentation updates for features introduced in version 1.5 and support for the Sinar eMotion75 digital back have also been added. RAW Developer 1.5.1 is a free update for all currently registered users, new licenses are $99.95US. RAW Developer requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, PowerPC G4, G5 or Intel processors are supported.
The RAW Developer 1.5.1 maintenance update contains the following important changes:
- Support added for the Sinar eMotion75.
- Documentation files updated to cover new sharpening options and Chroma curve features added in 1.5 release.
- Fixed issue with Color Smoothing adjustment when set to values between 1 and 7.
- Compatible with QuickTime 6.4 or later on Mac OS X 10.3.9 once again.
- Warnings regarding features not supported on Mac OS X 10.3 are no longer displayed in some cases when the system version is in fact 10.4.
RAW Developer system requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor.
- QuickTime 6.4 or later.
RAW Developer 1.5.1 is a FREE update for all currently registered users. New licenses can be purchased for $99.95US directly through the application itself or from our web store.
RAW Developer is an advanced digital camera RAW image processing and conversion application which offers outstanding image quality. RAW Developer is designed and optimized specifically for Mac OS X and provides the ability to view, non-destructively edit and convert RAW image file formats from over 100 digital camera models. RAW Developer offers numerous processing adjustments, many of which are unavailable in any other RAW image converters, including:
- Very high quality RAW demosaicing algorithm for incredible image detail.
- Flexible white balance controls including white balance dropper tool, up to 8 custom presets, full 3 channel RGB color balance controls and Kelvin correlated color temperature adjustment.
- Fast, flexible batch processing.
- Fully multi-threaded and AltiVec/SSE optimized to take maximum advantage of the latest multi processor and multi core PowerPC and Intel based systems.
- 32 bit/channel floating point CIELab based advanced sharpening methods including: unsharp mask, hybrid sharpen, difference of gaussian and Richardson-Lucy deconvolution.
- Advanced CIE LAB based noise reduction.
- Curves, curves and more curves. 12 total custom tone curves available, including individual color channels, CIE LAB and CIE Chroma(ab), all simultaneously!
- Very high quality Lanczos5 based image resizing.
- Image rotation and straighten tools.
- Completely customizable color managed processing pipeline
- Unlimited undo/redo support.
- Multiple advanced monochrome ("black&white") conversion options including custom duotones and full channel mixer support.
General product information:
Full version history:
RAW Developer 1.4 was recently awarded a "Highly Recommended" rating from Digital Outback Photo. The full review can be found here:
RAW Developer 1.4 was reviewed by photographer Alain Briot here:
RAW Developer 1.4 also received a very positive review from MacGuardians (in German only):
(First posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 12:31 EDT)