iView Releases MediaPro 3.1.1|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, June 16, 2006 - 19:55 EDT)
Improved IPTC metadata support, metadata sync for more Raw formats, Windows scripting engine update and improved NEF rendering lead the list of enhancements.
iView Multimedia today released a free update to its flagship digital asset management program iView MediaPro. Version 3.1.1 provides the following improvements and enhancements:
• Improved support for IPTC metadata during file synchronization, including the reinstatement of support for IPTC legacy metadata. The IPTC block is now UTF-8 encoded and fully inclusive (i.e it contains all iView supported fields).
• Metadata sync now works with Nikon (NEF), Kodak (DCR) and Canon (CR2) Raw image formats.
• Major scripting engine update on the Windows version (including improved importers for Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop Album).
• Improved rendering performance of Nikon (NEF) Raw image files.
The the version history document (PDF, 28KB) notes the following changes to 3.1.1:
• Improved support for IPTC data during file synchronization.
• The IPTC block is now UTF8 encoded and fully inclusive (i.e it contains all iView supported fields). (Metadata sync now works with NEF, DCR and CR2 files as well as other popular image formats).
• Major scripting engine update (including improved importers for Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop Album), (Win).
• Added support for multiple progress bars (Win), feature already part of Mac version.
• Updated version history log file to be cross platform compatible.
• Updated Japanese language script.
• Improved rendering performance of NEF files.
• Improved toolbar text searching.
• Corrected various UI, performance & optimization issues.
• Corrected issues when updating remote galleries via FTP.
• Corrected issues when packaging documents for email.
• Corrected issues reading certain memory card readers (Win).
• Corrected issues when using the image editor with monitor set to thousands of colors (or less).
• Corrected issues with "Reset Folder Paths" and "Auto-Update" features.
The free update for registered users of MediaPro 3.x and works best with the latest version of QuickTime (7.1) from Apple, which the company strongly recommends to both Windows and Macintosh users.
An updated manual and shortcut card for MediaPro 3.1 is available on the iView support page.