|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Photoflex Announces Starflash Strobes
Photoflex, Inc. has announced the premiere of its Starflash strobes, a new family of all-inclusive, self-contained monobloc strobes, offered by the industry leader in high-quality, versatile, photographic lighting solutions. The strobes are the perfect complement to the most inspired photographer's toolkit. Consumers, prosumers, and professionals alike will discover new opportunities with Photoflex's wide variety of self-starter kits that couple our new strobe with field-tested array of softboxes, umbrellas, and LiteDiscs that have seamless integration. As with every Photoflex product, training and support is offered and encouraged through its educational Web sites: photoflexlightingschool.com and webphotoschool.com.
• Three power levels: 300 watts/second, 650 watts/second, and 1000 watts/second to fit your needs & budget
• Stepped power adjustments with a 5f-stop range (adjustable down to 1/8 power) for ultimate user versatility
• High-quality German flash tubes for concrete durability
• Twist-grip lock on the swivel mount stand has easy, one-hand operation
• Heavy-duty, quick-release connector for fast and secure changes of all Photoflex attachments
• Fast recycle times
• Extruded aluminum housing, color-coded with rubber-based paint for extra protection
• Proportional modeling lamp to quickly and accurately test lights and shadows (with protective cover)
• Audible recycle with on/off switch for fewer missed cues
• Visual ready light for back-up or quiet cues
• Built-in camera flash sensor for remote cue from the camera
• Photo sync cord for connecting your camera directly to the strobe
• Widest-based stands in the industry for stability no matter the size or shape of attachment
What People Are Saying
John Beckett, award-winning fashion photographer, said, "I've been using Photoflex for over twenty years. I'm honestly excited that they're introducing a new product line, a series of strobes. This will allow me to add a greater depth of possibilities in shooting a wide variety of images. Photoflex keeps pushing the envelope while producing the highest quality equipment."
A Photoflex dealer commented, "The soft box leader has always been at the top of my recommended list to suggest to for quality, durability and longevity. Now, with the introduction of the family of strobes, I can offer my clients a great, new product from a solid company whether they are hobbyists or professionals."
Pricing & Availability
The new Starflash strobes will start shipping individually or in kits in late September. The company is now accepting pre-orders for a suggested retail price of $799.95 for the high-wattage 1000 series, $599.95 for the 650 series, and $442.95 for the 300 series. For more product information, go to: http://www.photoflex.com/strobes.html.
(First posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 at 20:34 EDT)