Hamrick Software Updates VueScan|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 15:50 EDT)
The new release focuses on improvements to the image preview.
Hamrick Software has updated VueScan, its scanner application, to version 8.3.60. The latest release improves cropping in the preview of multiple images, adds support for scanning four photos at a time on a flatbed and adds a preview auto refresh.
Changes for the last releases include:
• Improved cropping of multiple images on preview
• Added support for scanning 4 photos at a time on flatbed
• Added "Prefs|Refresh preview" option for preview auto refresh
• Fixed problem with display not refreshing sometimes
• Added support for two-sided scanning on HP scanners
• Fixed problem with Nikon slide feeder not stopping
• Improved multi-page PDF and TIFF support
• Added support for two additional scanner buttons
• Added support for saving image using scanner buttons
• Added support for buttons on Epson scanners
• Removed the "Prefs|Release memory" option
The new version can be downloaded from the VueScan download page.