Light Crafts Releases LightZone 2.1|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, January 19, 2007 - 17:22 EST)
Don't these guys ever sleep? Version 2.1 turns LightZone RT into LightZone Basic, which is just another mode for LightZone itself.
Light Crafts has updated LightZone, its Zone System-based image editor, to verson 2.1, folding its RT functionality into the main product as LightZone Basic.
Highlights of the new version include:
• LightZone can now operate as LightZone Basic (formerly LightZone RT).
• Note: Customers who have upgraded to LightZone 2.1 from LightZone-RT may need to re-enter their 2.0 serial number / LightZone software activation key in the 'Upgrade' field to enable full browser mode.
• You can now specify DPI/PPI when exporting images.
• When saving a template, you can now select which editing tools from the tool stack are saved.
In addition, Mac users can access a Show in Finder menu item that shows the selected photo in the Finder.
Windows user can access a Show in Explorer menu item that shows the selected photo in Windows Explorer.
Additional camera support includes:
• RAW files from the Pentax K10D are now supported.
• The Leica Digilux 3 and its counterpart, Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1, are also now supported.
And there's one bug fix in this version. JPEG images having CMYK color profiles are now both read and exported correctly.
The 13.5MB Mac download and 26.7MB Windows download are available from the LightZone download page.