|SANYO POCKET VIDEO/STILL CAMERA WITH BLUR CORRECTION AND ULTRA-SENSITIVE LOW-LIGHT PERFORMANCE IS SET FOR U.S. DEBUT|
6-Megapixel SANYO Xacti CG6 Features Large 2.5-inch LCD Monitor, Convenient Headphones Jack and USB Charging Capability
CHATSWORTH, CA, March 20, 2007 – Weighing less than six ounces with battery and SD card onboard, the pocket-sized SANYO Xacti CG6 digital video/still camera is a stylish choice for spontaneous recording whenever inspiration strikes. For exceptionally clear photos, a new "blur correction with gyro sensor” system effectively corrects unintentional camera shake, while low-light performance down to 2 lux*1 lets the CG6 capture special moments even in candlelight alone.
The “blur correction with gyro sensor" system utilizes advanced digital processing technologies. Without sacrificing the camera’s lightweight design, the gyro sensor detects the direction and amount of camera shake during photo-taking and, based on that data, a digital filter cancels the camera shake portion of the captured image. Because the VPC-CG6 also includes a separate digital image stabilizer for video recording, shooting sharp photos and video is virtually automatic.
The SANYO Xacti CG6 features a 6.0 megapixel CCD and a 5X optical zoom lens. This enables ultra-sensitive movie recording that realizes a minimum subject illumination of 2 lux. In addition to advanced sensitive digital processing technologies, the CG6 offers an automatic frame-rate adjustment capability in “Lamp” mode for low-light video recording.
“The Xacti CG6 is the perfect choice for capturing video and stills on the go,” said John Lamb, Senior Marketing Manager for SANYO Fisher Company’s Audio Video Division. “This easy-to-use camera incorporates advanced technologies that produce beautiful results virtually every time. It’s fun to use and people will love how easy it is to transfer files to their portable video players or to their computer for uploading to a photo or video-sharing Website.”
The SANYO Xacti CG6 will be available in the U.S. at the end of March at an MSRP of $329.99*2. The stylish blue Xacti CG6 will be available at Wal-Mart Stores nationwide.
The camera has a large 2.5-inch LCD panel on which the user can compose and frame the subject during shooting and then review the footage. The low-reflective panel, composed of bright amorphous silicon with a high resolution of approximately 110,000 pixels, is highly visible even outdoors on a sunny day. The monitor unit rotates up to 290 degrees to allow unrestricted shooting styles such as high/low-angle and self-shots. An AV terminal/headphone jack on the camera body front provides connectivity to commercial headphones (not included), making it easy to listen to video while shooting or during playback with high-quality stereo sound.
The SANYO CG6 is SDHC-compatible, which means that you can record a movie for up to eight hours on an 8 GB SDHC memory card*3. Users can also record up to 4 hours of high-quality video on a 4 GB SDHC memory card, up to 2 hours on a standard 2GB SD card, and up to 1 hour on a standard 1 GB SD card.
Other SANYO Xacti CG6 Features include:
- USB battery charging*4 by simply connecting the unit to your computer’s USB port
- 6.0-megapixel high-resolution photos can be captured during movie recording*5
- 3.8-megapixel (2592x1944) widescreen 16:9 photo mode available
- BGM slideshow for sequentially showing photos with background music
- Easy in-camera movie editing*6
- Real-Time Interpolation for 10-megapixel (3680x2760) high-resolution recording
- Audio Guide announces camera modes and alerts by voice
- Portrait mode for taking vertical photos without rotating the camera body
- Digital red-eye correction
Repair the “red eye” effect that sometimes occurs when using a flash at night. With this feature, the camera automatically detects and digitally corrects red eyes in the photo.
- 9-point range finder AF for highly focused precision shooting
- Up to 1 cm close-up photos with the Super Macro Focus (wide setting)
- Scene Select feature and digital filters for shooting under various conditions
- Wind Noise Reduction to reduce wind noise sensed by the microphone
- Quick Standby to start recording/playback as soon as the LCD monitor is opened
- Voice recorder for up to 13 hours of continuous audio recording
- Supports USB 2.0 for high-speed data transfer
- Compatible with Exif Print*7 and PRINT Image Matching III*8 for displaying image data in the printer output
- Supports PictBridge for direct photo printing without a computer
- Comes with a computer kit with abundant movie application software
- Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5.0SE for creating original DVDs with MPEG-4 movies and photos
- Ulead Photo Explorer 8.5 SE Basic to easily manage photos and MPEG-4 movies
- Motion Director SE 1.1 for correcting camera shake and combining images to create panorama shots
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is a $20 billion manufacturer and distributor of consumer and commercial electronics, including multimedia and telecommunication products. Based in Chatsworth, California, SANYO Fisher Company (a division of SANYO North America Corporation, a subsidiary of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.) markets digital cameras, PCS phones, audio systems, portable and mobile electronics, televisions, dictation devices, home appliances, LCD projectors, security video equipment and air conditioning systems.
For more information and additional specifications, please visit www.sanyodigital.com. Visit www.sanyodigital.com and click on “CG6” > “Dealer Images” for downloadable hi-res product images.
# # #
All products and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Because its products are subject to continual improvement, SANYO reserves the right to modify product design and specifications without notice and without incurring any obligations.
* 1: Lamp Mode.
* 2: Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Pricing subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary
* 3: TV-HQ Mode
* 4: Follow usage instructions
* 5: Using the camera shake correction feature during movie recording may change the camera field angle
* 6: Movie editing may not be possible depending on the space available on the memory card
* 7: Designation for the "Exif Ver2.2 standard" image file format established as the industry standard for digital cameras
* 8: When using a PRINT Image Matching-compatible printer