|FIRST SANYO DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA TO USE NEXT-GENERATION AVC/H.264 VIDEO TECHNOLOGY WILL HAVE APRIL U.S. DEBUT|
SANYO Xacti CG65 Features Superior Video Quality and 25% Smaller File Size For Faster Sharing of Clips on Web Pages, Video Blogs and Popular Video Websites
CHATSWORTH, CA, March 20, 2007 – Set for an April U.S. debut, the pocket-sized Xacti CG65 is SANYO’s first digital video camera to feature next-generation Advanced Video Codec H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) video compression technology, designed to produce excellent video quality while reducing MPEG-4 file size approximately 25%. The slim and stylish CG65 ($399.99 MSRP*1) is an ideal video camera for people who want to easily upload and share video clips with friends and the world at large via web pages, vlogs, podcasts and popular video sharing websites. The CG65 is an eye-catching choice in available colors of black, silver and green.
The SANYO Xacti VPC-CG65 features a built-in Gyro Sensor shake-resistant system for correcting unintentional camera shake during photo taking. In addition, high-speed video-processing using 9-pixel mixture technology makes recording of both movies and stills possible even in semi-dark or under lit environments of approximately 2 lux.
“ The SANYO Xacti CG65 is an advanced video camera and 6-megapixel still camera that is designed for today’s generation of video sharing enthusiasts,” said John Lamb, Senior Marketing Manager of SANYO Fisher Company’s Audio Video Division. “The Advanced Video Codec H.264 used in the Xacti CG65 provides an optimal combination of high-quality video and ultra-compact file size that’s ideally suited for uploading videos to friends, family and the world.”
Advanced H.264 compression: High-quality videos with internet portable file sizes
The Xacti CG65 makes posting movies on the internet or e-mailing them to friends and family easier by reducing the file size. In fact, the file size can be reduced by up to 25% over typical MPEG-4 cameras. To accomplish the complexity of encoding AVC/H.264 in real-time on the CG65, a dedicated Qpixel brand H.264 video compression IC was incorporated into the camera that was designed specifically for portable consumer devices to achieve high video quality while simultaneously reducing the system power consumption. The result is high-quality video recoding up to a total of 10 hours*2 with an 8 GB SDHC memory card. The CG65 can also record up to a total of 5 hours of video with a 4 GB SDHC memory card, up to 2.5 hours with a standard 2 GB SD card, and up to 1.25 hours with a standard 1 GB SD card.
Ergonomic one-hand design
The ergonomic, vertical design of the compact camera allows natural body posture when shooting VGA-quality (640 x480 pixels) movies and 6.0-megapixel high-resolution stills. You can even capture 6-megapixel still photos simultaneously while recording movies. Use just one thumb to easily operate the camera and effortlessly choose video or still image on the fly.
Video files can be handled just like photo files, because the image and sound data for each video clip are combined in a single file. Saving recorded movies and photos on a computer is as easy as copying a file.
The high-speed video-processing makes high-sensitivity recording of both movies and stills possible. For movies, the 9-pixel mixture technology accommodates shooting in dark environments. When the Scene Select function’s lamp mode is selected, the frame rate is automatically adjusted, making it possible to capture even under lit subjects of approximately 2 lux*3. Movies recorded even in a dimly lit restaurant or outside at twilight*4 look remarkable. For stills, the ISO 1600 sensitivity setting produces high-resolution 6-megapixel images. You can get natural colors and sharply focused faces even without using a tripod or in places you might not want to use the flash, such as when shooting indoors or for night scenes.
Shake-resistant stills and video
The VPC-CG65 incorporates a novel "digital camera-shake-resistant" system*5 utilizing the most advanced digital processing technologies. A built-in gyro sensor detects the direction and amount of camera shake during photo-taking and, based on that data, a digital filter cancels the camera shake component of the captured image. This anti-shake system is integrated into the camera without sacrificing the CG65’s stylish slim and light design. Because the VPC-CG65 also offers conventional digital camera shake correction for movie recording, you can both take photos and record movies without worrying about camera shake.
Other SANYO Xacti CG65 Features include:
- USB battery charging*6 by simply connecting the unit to your computer’s USB port
- “Screen capture function” to record the screen image from your computer monitor
- 6.0-megapixel high-resolution photos can be captured during movie recording*7
- Easy movie/photography operations using just your thumb
- BGM slideshow for sequentially showing photos with background music
- Easy in-camera movie editing*8
- Real-Time Interpolation for 10-megapixel (3680x2760) high-resolution recording
- Audio Guide announces camera modes and alerts by voice
- Programmable “operation shortcuts” to quickly access the most-used functions (collective settings possible)
- Portrait mode for taking vertical photos without rotating the camera body
- Digital red-eye correction
Repair the “red eye” effect that sometimes occurs when using a flash at night. With the digital red-eye correction feature, the camera automatically detects and digitally corrects red eyes in the photo.
- 9-point range finder AF for highly focused precision photography
- Up to 1 cm close-up photos with the Super Macro Focus (wide setting)
- Scene Select feature and digital filters for shooting under various conditions
- Wind Noise Reduction to reduce wind noise sensed by the microphone
- Quick Standby to start recording/playback as soon as the LCD monitor is opened
- Voice recorder for up to 12 hours of continuous audio recording
- Supports High-Speed USB (USB 2.0) for quick data transfer
- Compatible with Exif Print*9 and PRINT Image Matching III*10 for displaying image data in the printer output
- Supports PictBridge for direct photo printing without a computer
- Comes with a computer kit with abundant movie application software
- Ulead DVD MovieWriter 4.0SE for creating original DVDs with MPEG-4 movies and photos
- Ulead Photo Explorer 8.5 SE Basic to easily manage photos and MPEG-4 movies
- Motion Director SE 1.1 for correcting camera shake and combining images to create panorama shots
- Windows Vista compatible
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is a $20 billion manufacturer and distributor of consumer and commercial electronics, including multimedia and telecommunication products. Based in Chatsworth, California, SANYO Fisher Company (a division of SANYO North America Corporation, a subsidiary of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.) markets digital cameras, PCS phones, audio systems, portable and mobile electronics, televisions, dictation devices, home appliances, LCD projectors, security video equipment and air conditioning systems.
For more information and additional specifications, please visit www.sanyodigital.com. Visit www.sanyodigital.com and click on “CG65” > “Dealer Images” for downloadable hi-res product images.
# # #
All products and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Because its products are subject to continual improvement, SANYO reserves the right to modify product design and specifications without notice and without incurring any obligations.
*1: Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Pricing subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary
*2: Using 8GB SDHC memory card, in TV-HQ mode. Memory cards sold separately
*3: With lamp mode (1/15 sec)
*4: Similar to candle light
*5: Images may not be corrected at slow shutter speeds or forceful camera shake
*6: See usage instructions
*7: Using the camera shake correction feature during movie recording may change the camera field angle
*8: Movie editing may not be possible depending on the space available on the memory card
*9: Designation for the "Exif Ver2.2 standard" image file format established as the industry standard for digital cameras
*10: When using a PRINT Image Matching-compatible printer