|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Breeze Systems' Downloader Pro 2.0 introduces GPS geo-tagging and thumbnail display
28 March 2007: Breeze Systems today released Downloader Pro 2.0, the company's powerful yet simple program to transfer digital photos from camera to PC. Downloader Pro renames and stores images with file and directory names chosen by the user to automate the process of transferring images from a camera or card reader to PC.
New in Downloader Pro v2.0
Dowloader Pro runs on Windows and is available on a free 30 day trial from Breeze Systems' website www.breezesys.com. File formats supported include JPEG, TIFF and DNG images from all digital cameras, plus raw files from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Konica Minolta, Pentax, Sony, Kodak, Sigma, Panasonic, Leica and Hasselblad digital cameras.
- View thumbnails of images on a memory card
Identify memory card contents and select groups of images to download to a PC
- Geo-Tagging: Automatic GPS geo-tagging of JPEG and raw files as they are downloaded.
Simply connect a GPS tracker device such as the Sony GPS-CS1 GPS Tracker to the computer using a USB cable and Downloader Pro will automatically read the GPS data and store it in the images as they are downloaded
- Create track log files from GPS data which can be viewed using Google Earth or Google Maps
Example Google Maps track log generated using Downloader Pro
- IPTC XMP data support for improved compatibility with BreezeBrowser Pro, Adobe Photoshop and other imaging applications
Legacy IPTC IIM data support is still available for working with older applications that don't support XMP
- Organize images from memory cards spanning several days and subjects with Downloader Pro v2.0's new date based job codes
- Improved support for Windows Vista, new file formats, improved backup plug-in and much more
(First posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 15:55 EDT)