|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Panasonic Enhances Firmware To Lumix DMC-L1K Digital SLR
New Firmware Brings Latest to Current Digital Camera Users
SECAUCUS, N.J. (April 5, 2007) - Panasonic today announced a new firmware enhancement service for the LUMIX DMC-L1K digital SLR camera. Panasonic's customers, who are currently enjoying the benefits of the company's first digital SLR camera, can now download new firmware to support the device, giving them the latest advancements and digital photography technologies.
Panasonic's enhanced firmware improves some of the camera's traditional SLR features, such as exposure and white balance, as well as some of the digital features like AutoReview and zoomed image playback. These new benefits not only add to the performance and operation of the camera, but they also extend the impact of Panasonic's digital SLR within the industry.
"Panasonic is committed to bringing users the newest and most innovative technologies, and making them available not just our newest products, but also enhancing products already in the consumer's home," said Alex Fried, National Marketing Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. "Now our digital SLR users can continue to benefit from new technologies and still enjoy this industry-leading camera."
Full firmware enhancements for the LUMIX DMC-L1K are free to current camera owners and include:
Panasonic invites all LUMIX DMC-L1K users to take advantage of the new firmware to get the best performance and satisfaction from their digital SLR. The new DMC-L1K firmware is available now at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/L1K/ .
- An added multiple exposure function.
- Panning mode [MODE3] as an addition to the optical image stabilizer.
- Three new viewing options: Low-angle mode that makes it easier to view the LCD display when the camera is held below eye level; a "HOLD" option in Auto Review that enables continuous viewing; and an added feature to allow zoomed playback of photos.
- Added feature that simplifies setting the aperture when using a lens without an aperture ring.
- Two new manual white balance settings added to the GUI, plus removal of a time restriction on the settings.
- An AUTO option for ISO sensitivity in the aperture-priority AE mode [A] and shutter speed-priority AE mode [S].
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. (NYSE: MC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Information about Panasonic products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
# # #
(First posted on Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 13:00 EDT)