|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Canon releases EOS 1D Mark III firmware version 1.1.0
The firmware update incorporates the following additional functions and corrections:
1. Improves the look of images when enlarged on the LCD monitor.
2. Countermeasures for Main Dial response errors (Main, Quick Control, Vertical-grip Main).
3. Improves the tendency to focus too easily on the background when shooting in AI servo AF under certain conditions.
4. Corrects errors in the Italian and Simplified Chinese menu screens.
5. Fixes a rare phenomenon in which the camera cannot start normally when the battery is inserted (Version 1.0.9 only).
This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.9 installed. If your camera's firmware is already version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to perform this update.
EOS 1D Mark III Firmware Update for 1.1.0 9.88MB 07/30/2007
(First posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 at 23:34 EDT)