|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Pentax Launches Pentaxian Website
GOLDEN, CO. (September 6, 2007) ... PENTAX Imaging Company announced today the launch of a community-based website developed for PENTAX photographers. The new website, www.pentaxian.com, welcomes visitors from around the world.
"The term 'Pentaxian' is used widely by PENTAX photographers who describe themselves on various web photo forums," said Ned Bunnell, vice president marketing, PENTAX Imaging Company. "We built www.pentaxian.com as a gathering place for them all."
At the core of the site are videos that share the stories of four inspiring Pentaxian artists and their passion for photography. Godfrey DiGiorgio of San Francisco, CA, is a former NASA scientist and computer technology executive turned urban street photographer. Mark Dimalanta of Huntington Beach, CA, is a former Doctor of Medicine turned freelance international surf photographer. Kerrick James of Mesa, AZ, has been a professional nature photographer of the American West for more than 20 years. Julie Quarry of Portland, OR, is a cruise ship marketing executive who picked up her first digital SLR two years ago and now freelances on the side as a photographer.
Additional current features of www.pentaxian.com include:
In addition to the www.pentaxian.com launch, PENTAX opened the doors of www.pentaxphotogallery.com in August to give photographers around the world the opportunity to be represented in the gallery and share their most defining moments of photography. As a companion site, pentaxphotogallery.com offers PENTAX photographers a place to display their work, while pentaxian.com offers an environment for PENTAX enthusiasts and new consumers to participate in and learn more about the brand, the products and the photographers.
- A Community Section with a content geo cloud where visitors from around the world may submit a brief answer to the question "What makes you a Pentaxian?" followed by their name, country, city, and an image of themselves (optional)
- Fun search options to locate hidden promotions and opportunities to win free premium items such as t-shirts, cameras, lenses, and flashes
- An entertaining quiz that tests Pentaxian knowledge and gathers information about what it means to be a Pentaxian
- Access to various Pentaxian print advertising campaigns including PDFs and wallpaper downloads
- A "Keep Me In The Loop" email signup that allows visitors to opt-in to receive future Pentaxian updates including new artist videos, product promotions and more
PENTAX digital SLR photographers interested in more information regarding submitting work to the gallery may email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of digital SLR and compact cameras, lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, eyepieces and mobile printers and scanners. For more than 80 years, PENTAX technology has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.
# # #
(First posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 11:51 EDT)