|DxO Labs Announces Immediate Availability of the New DxO Optics Pro v5 Software for Windows|
DxO Optics Pro v5 features a breakthrough RAW Engine, dust/blemish removal, improved user interface, support for the Canon EOS 40D as well as expanded Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® compatibility, and an exciting new ‘Snapshot’ feature
Paris, France – November 20, 2007 – DxO Labs today announced the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v5 for Windows, the latest version of its award-winning flagship automatic image quality enhancement software application for Digital SLR camera users. DxO Optics Pro v5 can be purchased via download on the company’s e-store (www.dxo.com) as well as from several well known retailers (a full list of resellers is available at http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/Resellers). DxO Optics Pro v5 for Macintosh is scheduled to be available towards the end the year. All purchasers of DxO Optics Pro v4.5 on or after August 1, 2007 are eligible for a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v5.
DxO Optics Pro v5 RAW conversion delivers a breakthrough in image qualityHeadlining the new features in DxO Optics Pro v5 is a brand new RAW conversion engine including a breakthrough demosaicing algorithm which produces images with much more detail and fewer unwanted artifacts. In a second major breakthrough, DxO Optics Pro v5 now applies its noise reduction techniques prior to demosaicing -- before noise has a chance to be amplified by the RAW conversion process and become obtrusive.
“Thanks to our new RAW converter and moving noise removal up front, before RAW conversion, images processed with DxO Optics Pro v5 are more natural looking with better detail and excellent color saturation. The results are really remarkable, and particularly on images shot at high ISOs in low light conditions,” says Luc Marin, Sales and Marketing VP of the Photography Business at DxO Labs. DxO Optics Pro v5 also includes a “click once, clean many” dust/blemish removal tool as well a completely reorganized user interface to improve workflow and ease of use.
DxO Optics Pro v5 adds even more features and support for more cameras
Previously unannounced, a handful of additional new features make DxO Optics Pro v5 even more of a time saver.
- Compatibility between DxO Optics Pro v5 and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® has been deepened. DxO Optics Pro v5 can now read from and interact with image libraries from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, providing a more fluid workflow between these two popular applications.
- Using the new ‘Snapshot” feature; users can create several ‘virtual versions’ of an image to which they can apply different DxO Optics Pro corrections for processing.
With DxO Optics Pro v5, the library of camera bodies and lens correction modules expands to include the recently released Canon EOS 40D and selected lenses. In the coming months, the Canon 1Ds MKIII, Nikon D300 and Nikon D3 DSLR camera bodies will also be added to the more than 600 correction modules currently available.
Pricing and availability
DxO Optics Pro v5 is available in Standard and Elite versions at pricing unchanged from the previous version :
- DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard: $169
- DxO Optics Pro v5 Elite: $299
(All prices are excluding sales taxes)
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro v4.5 on or after August 1, 2007 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 5. For customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro before August 1, 2007, the pricing of upgrades is as follows:
- DxO Optics Pro Standard (any version) to DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard: $95
- DxO Optics Pro Elite (any version) to DxO Optics Pro v5 Elite: $125
(All prices are excluding sales taxes)
DxO Optics Pro v5 for Windows is currently available. DxO Optics Pro v5 for Macintosh is scheduled to be available towards the end of the year.
Operating System Requirements
- Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD® equivalent (Pentium® Dual Core or higher or equivalent recommended)
- Microsoft® Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows VISTA™ 32 Bits
- Universal Binary (G4, G5 or Intel)
- Mac OS X.4 or X.5 when available
120 MB of available disk space
DxO Optics Pro Standard Edition: 1 GB RAM
DxO Optics Pro Elite Edition: 2GB RAM
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs offers products and solutions ensuring excellence in digital imaging. DxO Labs develops and licenses intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain: licensing of optics and silicon architectures for embedded still and video image processing; image quality evaluation and measurement tools and methodologies; image quality enhancement software for consumers. The company’s key customers and partners include:
- Consumer electronics manufacturers such as digital camera vendors and cameraphones vendors;
- Imaging components suppliers: camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors;
- Demanding photographers, as well as photography journalists and imaging experts.
DxO Labs’ product portfolio is steadily finding a place at the heart of advanced consumer electronics and world-class industry imaging systems where “Image Science by DxO” becomes a reference for quality.
For more information or a list of distributors and resellers, visit DxO Labs online at www.dxo.com
DxO is a registered trademark of DxO Labs. Other trademarks and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. DxO Labs disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.