Nikon Releases Capture NX 1.3|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, November 26, 2007 - 21:11 EST)
Adds support for D3 and D300 NEFs
Nikon has released both Macintosh and Windows version of Capture NX 1.3.0, its image editing software featuring U Point technology. In addition, the company released a trial version of version 1.3.0.
Highlights of the new release, according to the update pages, include:
• Support for Raw pictures (.NEF) taken with the D3 and D300 has been added.
• Support for Picture Control has been added.
• A Picture Control has been added to Camera Adjustments in the Base Adjustments. The Color Mode, Tone Compensation, Saturation, and Sharpening items in Camera Adjustments, as well as the Hue Adjustment in Raw Adjustments, have been moved to the new Picture Control item.
• An Active D-Lighting item has been added to Raw Adjustments in the Base Adjustments. This feature is only available with Raw images captured with Active D-Lighting enabled.
• The White Balance item has been moved to Raw Adjustments in the Base Adjustments, and Sodium Vapor Lamps and High Temperature Mercury Vapor (7200K) settings have been added. [Macintosh version]
• Raw images can now be saved with lossless compression. Images captured in lossless-compressed Raw format can now be saved in lossless-compressed Raw format, regardless of camera model. (Limited to use with images captured with Nikon dSLR cameras.)
• The Vignette Control function, which was previously for use only with Raw images, can now be used with JPEG- and TIFF- format images. (Limited to use with images captured with Nikon dSLR cameras.)
• The function for modifying images captured with a fisheye lens, available in Lens Adjustments in the Base Adjustments, is now compatible with the AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D.
• Features for editing Raw images, previously available in the Camera Settings palette, have been eliminated.
The Capture NX trial version can be downloaded from NX Trial page.
The 105-MB Mac updater is available on the Nikon Capture NX 1.3.0 Updater Software - Macintosh page.
The 62.6-MB Windows updater is available on the Nikon Capture NX 1.3.0 Updater Software - Windows page.