|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Panraven Delights Storytellers By Adding Audio And Video To Its Memory-Sharing Service
Allows Consumers to Create, Share and Preserve Experiences Using Any Media They Choose
Cambridge, MA, December 4, 2007 - Panraven (www.panraven.com), the pioneer of online storytelling, has debuted groundbreaking functionality that enables consumers to easily integrate audio and video with digital photos, images and text. The online storytelling service allows consumers to share their stories with friends and family through direct links and by embedding Panraven stories on Facebook profiles, MySpace pages, and elsewhere across the Internet. More so than before, Panraven brings to life memorable moments, family traditions, and other special events unlike any other photo sharing or photo book website or application.
With the Holiday season upon us and digital camera sales at an all-time high, people are sure to accumulate even more photos and videos for the family collection. Panraven makes it simple to upload, store and manage all media in one place. Members can use their own media - along with media from friends and/or the Panraven community - to create a stunning, expressive multimedia story.
"People shouldn't have to organize their lives by media, with photos on one website and videos on another," said Frode Eilertsen, founder and CEO of Panraven. "Even sites that accommodate various types don't offer real control to combine them in any number and sequence, using a multitude of layouts. Panraven has broken down this barrier, setting a new standard for how consumers can create, share and preserve memories on a single website. As a result, our members can more richly commemorate their holiday get-togethers, winter vacations and other experiences in their daily lives."
Panraven provides additional customization options through a wide variety of template designs, robust, yet easy-to-use editing tools, and advanced sharing features. Moreover, through its collaboration features, Panraven is ideally suited for mixing user-generated and professionally produced digital content.
The new support for audio and video gives Panraven users:
About Panraven, Inc.
- The opportunity to combine all personal media - audio, video, photos, images and text - in a wide variety of layouts and very flexible arrangements into one story;
- Simple point-and-click and drag-and-drop story creation and editing;
- The ability to instantly upload any file format, of any size and dimension, with no need to process or convert files prior to upload. Just as with photos, Panraven will automatically and appropriately resize the aspect ratio of all videos when they are placed within a story;
- The option to place a video and photo in the same location within a story to accommodate both online viewing and book printing. The first frame of the video can also be used as the "still" image for the print version; and
- Optimized video playback by assessing the speed of their Internet connection.
Panraven offers an exciting and powerful new way for people to capture, share and treasure their memories and passions. The multimedia service allows people to chronicle and communicate their life experiences through vibrant, expressive stories that can be viewed and shared online and printed in high-quality professionally bound books. Founded in 2005 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Panraven is privately held. For more information, visit www.panraven.com.
(First posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 15:44 EST)