Sony releases firmware version 3 for the A700 digital SLR|
Zig Weidelich, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, December 24, 2007 - 23:46 EST)
Sony has released firmware version 3 for the DSLR-A700 digital SLR. Available now via Sony's support website, the update addresses a couple of issues.
Benefits over firmware version 2:
- Resolves an issue where the Access Lamp remains lit and the camera stops responding when several pictures are taken in rapid succession.
- Resolves an issue where powering the camera off while in "MR" mode may cause some registered settings to carry over to other shooting modes.
Additional benefits over other firmware versions:
- Sharper images for pictures taken under low contrast conditions.
- Reduced noise for pictures taken at ISO 3200.
- Improved flash control for objects closer than 1 meter with non ADI controlled lenses.
Visit the Sony A700 firmware download page for the download and instructions.