|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: ArcSoft Demos Embedded Solutions at CES
Solutions Optimized for Digital Photo Frames
FREMONT, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 9, 2008 ArcSoft, Inc. is demonstrating its embedded solutions optimized for Digital Photo Frames this week January 7-10, at CES at the ArcSoft Meeting Room 35667, LVVC South Hall 4. These technologies are available as software development kits (SDKs).
"ArcSoft Embedded Solutions for Digital Photo Frames enhance peoples' enjoyment and ease of use when viewing their photos on these increasingly popular devices," said Michael Downs, ArcSoft Vice President of Marketing and Business Development. "Users can also view RAW images without first transferring files to a PC."
ArcSoft(R) Embedded Technologies for Digital Photo Frames include:
- Auto Rotation: Automatically rotates photos to match the frame, a convenient feature for users, based on ArcSoft FaceTracking(TM) technology
- Pan&Zoom: Automatically zooms in and pans across the picture to the most important part--the face--also based on ArcSoft FaceTracking technology
- Automatic Red-Eye-Removal: Automatically detects and removes red-eye
- RAW Decoder: Displays RAW images captured by DSLR cameras or higher-end compact digital cameras directly without having to transfer files.
- Animated page-turning effect: ArcSoft unique page-turning effect smoothes the transition between two photos and adds a realistic feel to the slideshow.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit http://www.arcsoft.com .
© 2008. All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. ArcSoft FaceTracking is a trademark of ArcSoft, Inc. All other products and companies named herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
(First posted on Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 12:06 EST)