|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: DxO Optics Pro for Windows version 5.0.4
DxO Optics Pro for Windows version 5.0.4 is available today as a free update to DxO Optics Pro v5. New features include:
- Nikon D3 support
DxO Optics Pro v5 Windows debuts support for the new Nikon D3 camera body and an initial selection of 3 popular Nikkor lenses:
The list will soon be expanded (see list at the bottom of the page).
- AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
- AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Even when a particular lens is not supported, DxO Optics Pro is able to process files from the Nikon D3 in many areas:
- RAW conversion including new advanced demosaicing and color rendering*,
- Noise removal,
- Exposure optimization (DxO Lighting),
- Highlight recovery on RAW files,
- Following Image geometry adjustments: crop, perspective, horizon adjustment,
- USM sharpening,
- Batch processing, etc…
more info here...
Support for the Nikon D3 is only available in the Elite edition of DxO Optics Pro v5.x. Upgrades for users of earlier versions of DxO Optics Pro (earlier than v5), or of DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard, are available from the upgrade center, accessible via https://shop.dxo.com.
* Even more options are available when used in conjunction with DxO FilmPack such as traditional film color and grain rendition, B&W conversion, toning, cross-processing, etc…
- Additional DxO Lens Modules for several DSLRs
As part of this release, new DxO Lens Modules for the Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D or Kiss Digital N), Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (400D or Kiss Digital X) and the Nikon D300 are now available.
Updated modules for the Pentax K10D (Pentax smc DA 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL [IF] SDM, Pentax smc DA 50-135mm f/2.8 ED [IF] SDM) are now available to ensure compatibility with recently released K10D firmware (supported by DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard or Elite).
- Canon EOS 40D + Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS (supported by DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard or Elite)
- Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT, 350D or Kiss Digital N + Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (supported by DxO Optics Pro v4 or higher Standard or Elite)
- Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi, 400D or Kiss Digital X + Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS (supported by DxO Optics Pro v4 or higher Standard or Elite)
- Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D (supported by DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard or Elite)
- Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D (supported by DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard or Elite)
- Nikon D300 + AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED (supported by DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard or Elite)
- Version 5.0.4 updates
Version 5.0.4 provides a number of stability and functionality improvements relative to previous v5.x versions of the software. (click here for the complete v5.0.4 Release note).
For current v5 users, the best option for upgrading to DxO Optics Pro v5.0.4 is to login to their account In the DxO Optics Pro upgrade center accessible at: https://shop.dxo.com
- Renewed demo versions for all DxO Optics Pro v5 users
Version 5.0.4 provides a renewed free demo period for all photographers, even if they have already tried-out and have expired previous trials of DxO Optics Pro version 5.x. To enter a new demonstration period of DxO Optics Pro v5, simply request a new demonstration url from our demo page. This will give you access to the DxO Optics Pro v5.0.4 demonstration software.
- Next DxO Lens modules release planned at the very end of February
DxO Labs plans to release the following DxO Lens modules at the very end of February:
- Nikon D300 AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon D300 AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon D300 AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
- Nikon D300 AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
- Nikon D300 AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
- Nikon D300 Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
- Nikon D300 AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon D300 AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED
- Nikon D3 AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- Nikon D3 AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- Nikon D3 AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- Nikon D3 AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
- Nikon D3 AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
- Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III support
We had planned to also debut support for the Canon EOS 1Ds MKIII with this version but had to pull this from v5.0.4 as the performance was not what we wanted to put out on the market. Work on the Canon EOS-1Ds MK III continues.
(First posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 10:13 EST)