Apple Updates Aperture to 2.0.1|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, March 3, 2008 - 20:47 EST)
Apple responds quickly to problems with the initial release.
Apple has released a 43.9MB update to its recently released Aperture 2. The 2.01. update "addresses issues related to the performance and overall stability of Aperture 2," the company said.
The update includes fixes in the following areas:
• Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
• Publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums
• Preview generation and deletion
• Creating and ordering books
• AppleScript support
• Keyboard shortcut customization
• Appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables
• Watermarking of emailed photos
• Highlight Hot and Cold Areas
Apple also noted fixes for a number of other minor issues, some involving:
• Smart Albums
• All Projects View
• Straighten Tool
• Drag and drop import
• Thumbnail generation
• Import window
• Export plug-in reliability
Recommended for all Aperture users, the Aperture 2.0.1 Update is available via Software Update or from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/aperture201update.html. The trial version has been updated separately.