|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Think Tank Photo Releases 'Skin' Modular Bags for Quick Access
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Think Tank Photo announces the release of its new "Skin" series. These modular bags, which are designed to fit on Think Tank Photo belts or regular belts, are very thin and flexible and lay flat when empty, conforming to photographers' gear when full. Their ability to be compressed when empty frees up valuable space in photographers' cases, especially when in transit.
The bags feature a "Silencer Flap" that keeps hook and loop quiet in order to avoid undue attention, a front pocket that provides room for small accessories and interior dividers for desired arrangement of gear. A seam-sealed rain cover is included. There are six Skin components.
• Skin 50 -- Holds a 16-35mm f2.8 or similarly sized zoom lens, with hood in position.
• Skin 75 -- Holds up to a 70-200mm f2.8 lens with hood attached.
• Skin Double Wide -- Holds up to two 70-200's with hoods reversed, multiple lenses and more.
• Skin Chimp -- Holds a pro-sized SLR camera body.
• Skin Strobe -- Carries one SLR flash unit.
• Skin Belt -- This unpadded waist belt can be used with all Skin and modular system components. Skin components can rotate around the belt or they can be locked in position. Rotating the components around the body increases photographers' ability to change lenses, accessories and more.
Consumers save 20 percent off individual item prices when they purchase the Skin Set. This five-piece set includes the Skin 50, Skin 75 Pop Down, Skin Double Wide, Skin Strobe and the Skin Chimp.
"The Skin series was designed in direct response to feedback from professional photographers who have to lug their gear into the field," said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo co-founder and lead designer. "For some of them, having bags that compress to preserve room and yet still allow quick access is more important than padding. With the Skin series they have the same 'Lock or Rotate' functionality as our breakthrough modular systems but without the extra protective padding."
• Internal Dimensions: 7" H x 5.25" W x 3.25" D (17.8x13.3x8.3 cm)
• Weight: 5 oz. / 142 grams
• Price: $27.95
Skin 75 Drop Down:
• Internal Dimensions: 9.75" H x 5.25" W x 3.25" H (24.8x13.3x8.3 cm)
• Weight: 7.75 oz. / 220 grams
• Price: $36
Skin Double Wide:
• Internal Dimensions: 10" H x 10.25" W x 3.75" D (25.4x26x9.5 cm)
Each Pouch: 10" H x 5.25" W x 3.75" D (25.4x13.3x9.5 cm)
• Weight: 10.5 oz. / 299 grams
• Price: $44.95
• Internal Dimensions: 9" H x 4" W x 2.75" D (22.9x10.2x7 cm)
• Weight: 4.25 oz. / 120 grams
• Price: $35
Skin Chimp Cage
• Internal Dimensions: 8" H x 7" W x 3.25" D (20.3x17.8x8.3 cm)
• Weight: 9.25 oz / 262 grams
• Price: $39.95
(First posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 13:09 EDT)