PRESS RELEASE: DxO Labs Releases DxO Optics Pro v5.1 for Mac and Windows and Celebrates the Image Enhancement Software's 4th Anniversary with a Free DxO FilmPack Offer
DxO Optics Pro v5.1 for Macintosh and Windows is available immediately from selected retailers and on the company’s online store at www.dxo.com. In celebration of DxO Optics Pro’s 4th birthday, customers who purchase v5.1 or purchase an upgrade to v5.1 before July 1st and current v5.x owners will receive DxO FilmPack v1.2 for free!
Paris, France—June 2, 2008—DxO Labs announced today the release of DxO Optics Pro v5.1 for the Macintosh and Windows platforms. DxO Optics Pro v5.1 is the latest version of the company’s award-winning flagship software application for automatic image quality enhancement for Digital-SLR camera users.
DxO Optics Pro v 5.1 includes support for a cornucopia of digital cameras including, the Canon EOS 450D/Rebel Xsi, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, the Nikon D60, Nikon D300, Nikon D3 and the Samsung GX20.
Version 5.1 brings breakthrough RAW conversion and new functionalities to Mac users
With the input from the DxO Optics Pro v5 Macintosh public beta incorporated into the application, Mac users now have access to DxO’s innovative RAW conversion engine which includes a completely new demosaicing algorithm producing images with much more detail and fewer artifacts. The other key characteristic of DxO Optics Pro’s new RAW Engine is that a newly-developed noise reduction is performed upfront, before noise has a chance to be amplified by the RAW conversion process and absorb important fine details. Version 5.1 includes the new tool to remove dust and blemishes from any digital image. Once dust and blemishes have been marked by the user, DxO Optics Pro v5 can automatically process any number of images with this particular dust/blemish template.
Combined with other proprietary techniques, DxO Optics Pro v5’s new RAW Engine produces both the most detailed and most natural looking images yet – its very fine and homogenous grain translating into subtle shades and textures. DxO Optics Pro v5’s new RAW conversion engine has been fine-tuned and optimized with the rest of the software’s automated image enhancement features (optical corrections, color rendering, exposure optimization, highlight recovery, etc.) to produce best-in class results.
DxO Optics Pro’s user interface has been reorganized to improve workflow and ease of use. In particular, tools are now organized into four main sections that match the photographer’s approach: Light, Color, Geometry, Details. Users of DxO Optics Pro v5 can also customize their workspace to their particular way of working. DxO Optics Pro’s powerful project and preset functions have also been overhauled for increased ease of use and functionality.
What’s new in version 5.1 for Windows users
As compared to v5.0.x, DxO Optics Pro v5.1 provides Windows users with
- important compatibility and stability enhancements
- improved preset management
- relaxed Pace Interlok protection (Interlok drivers are no longer installed in the Windows version)
For details see the release note available at www.dxo.com
DxO FilmPack v1.2 free for DxO Optics Pro owners and new buyers
In honor of DxO Optics Pro’s 4th year delivering outstanding image enhancement, DxO Labs is offering existing customers and new purchasers a special gift: DxO FilmPack v1.2 at no charge until June 30th.
- Customers who purchase DxO Optics Pro v5.1 or an upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v5.1 (in store or online) before July 1st, 2008, will receive DxO FilmPack v1.2 free.
- Current owners of DxO Optics Pro v5.0.x will receive a free upgrade to v5.1. If the upgrade is performed before July 1st, 2008, they will receive DxO FilmPack v1.2 for free.
- Customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro since August 1, 2007 will receive a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro v5.1. If the upgrade is performed before July 1st, 2008, they will receive DxO FilmPack v1.2 for free.
Pricing and availability
DxO Optics Pro v5.1 is available immediately on the company’s e-store or from respected retailers for Windows or Macintosh users, in Standard or Elite edition at pricing unchanged from version 4.5 or version 5:
- DxO Optics Pro v5.1 Standard: $169
- DxO Optics Pro v5.1 Elite: $299
(All prices are excluding sales taxes)
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro on or after August 1st, 2007 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 5.1. For customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro before August 1st, 2007, the pricing of upgrades is as follows:
DxO Optics Pro Standard (any version) to DxO Optics Pro v5.1 Standard: $95
DxO Optics Pro Elite (any version) to DxO Optics Pro v5.1 Elite: $125
(All prices are excluding sales taxes)
Operating System Requirements
- Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD® equivalent (Pentium® Dual Core or higher or equivalent recommended)
- Microsoft® Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows VISTA™
- Universal Binary (G4, G5 or Intel)
- Mac OS X.4 or X.5 when available
120 MB of available disk space
DxO Optics Pro Standard Edition: 2 GB RAM recommended
DxO Optics Pro Elite Edition: 2GB RAM
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs offers products and solutions ensuring excellence in digital imaging. DxO Labs develops and licenses intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain: licensing of optics and silicon architectures for embedded still and video image processing; image quality evaluation and measurement tools and methodologies; image quality enhancement software for consumers. The company’s key customers and partners include:
- Consumer electronics manufacturers such as digital camera vendors and cameraphones vendors;
- Imaging components suppliers: camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors;
- Demanding photographers, as well as photography journalists and imaging experts.
DxO Labs’ product portfolio is steadily finding a place at the heart of advanced consumer electronics and world-class industry imaging systems where “Image Science by DxO” becomes a reference for quality. For more information or a list of distributors and resellers, visit DxO Labs online at www.dxo.com
DxO is a registered trademark of DxO Labs. Other trademarks and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. DxO Labs disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.
(First posted on Monday, June 9, 2008 at 14:53 EDT)