|Casio introduces the world’s slimmest* digital camera with a wide-angle 4x optical zoom |
Features CCD-shift anti-shake function and a large 3.0 inch LCD display
DOVER, NJ, JULY 14, 2008 - Casio America, Inc. announced today the release of the newest model in its EXILIMÂ® digital camera series - the stylish, slim EXILIM Zoom EX-Z150, which features a wide-angle zoom lens, a CCD-shift anti-shake function, a 3.0â€ť LCD monitor and an 8.1 effective megapixel resolution.
The EXILIM Zoom EX-Z150 contains the features and functions needed to meet the demanding requirements of todayâ€™s digital camera users, all within a slim form factor. The EX-Z150 comes complete with a built-in wide-angle 28 mm (35 mm film equivalent) and 4X optical zoom lens, at just .79â€ť thick (.74â€ť at the thinnest section).
â€śThis camera is the perfect accessory for the picture taking enthusiast as it is compact, attractive and comes equipped with face detection technology which is a popular feature,â€ť said Bill Heuer, Vice President of Casioâ€™s Digital Imaging Division. â€śThe EX-Z150 stays true to the user-friendly features that have become standard to the EXILIM Zoom series.
To complement the slim, stylish look, the new EXILIM offers all the premium functionality you would expect in a much bigger digital camera, including a CCD-shift anti-shake function and face detection technology. It also features a large 3.0 inch LCD monitor, a first for the EXILIM series, making it even easier to compose shots and adding to the fun of viewing the images taken.
* As at July 14, 2008, for a digital camera with a wide-angle 28 mm equivalent 4X optical zoom lens. Based on Casio survey.
Available at retail in September, the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z150 will be available in silver and black, as well as colorful red, pink and green with an MSRP of $199.99.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z150
- 8.1 effective megapixel model for high resolution photography
- Slim, compact size: 3.81â€ť wide x 2.26â€ť high x .79â€ť thick (.74â€ť at the thinnest section)
- 28 mm-equivalent wide-angle 4x optical zoom lens enables users to conveniently photograph scenes such as tall buildings or get shots of big groups of people in a small room, while still allowing zoom photography to capture distant subjects
- CCD-shift anti-shake function for beautiful image quality, free from effects of camera-shake
- Face detection technology that senses people's faces
- Large 3.0 inch, high resolution LCD monitor with 230,400 dots
EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. â€śFSEâ€ť is a product provided by Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd. For more information about â€śFSEâ€ť, visit OKIâ€™s website at http://www.face-sensing-engine.com. YouTube is a registered trademark of YouTube, LLC. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
Casio America, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the worldâ€™s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions, established in 1957. Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of â€ścreativity and contributionâ€ť through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.com
# # #