Original Source Press Release:
Fujifilm announces FinePix S2000HD|
(Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:57 EDT)
Fujifilm has today announced several new digital camera models, including one with SLR-like styling and a fairly impressive feature set.
The Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD features a 15x optical zoom lens with a 27.6mm-equivalent wide angle, and a ten megapixel CCD image sensor. With the CCD mounted on a movable platter, the Fuji FinePix S2000HD includes sensor-shift type image stabilization. The Fuji S2000HD's rear panel includes both a 2.7" LCD display and a 0.2" FLCD electronic viewfinder.
The Fujifilm S2000HD is described by the company as its first to offer "full High Definition compatibility". The S2000HD has optional HD video output, as well as HD videos and still images (the latter at two resolutions). ISO sensitivity ranges up to a maximum of ISO 1,600 equivalent at full resolution (3,200 max at reduced resolution). Befitting its SLR-like styling, the Fuji S2000HD offers a good range of manual controls. There's also Face Detection, Red-Eye Removal, thirteen scene modes, and a high-speed burst shooting mode capable of up to 13.5 fps depending on resolution.
The Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD stores its images on SD or SDHC cards or in 55MB of built-in memory, and draws power from four AA batteries. Available from September 2008 with pricing of about $300, the Fuji FinePix S2000HD comes with disposable alkaline batteries in the product bundle - so you'll want to be sure to buy some rechargeables with it if you don't already have any.
For more details, read our Fuji S2000HD preview. For detailed specifications, product photos and the official press release, read on below.
|Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD|
|Dimensions||4.4 x 3.1 x 3.0"|
111.0 x 78.9 x 75.7mm
|Planned Availability|| 2008|
|Sensor Type||1/2.3" CCD|
10.00 megapixels (effective)
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Image Dimensions||3648 x 2736 (10.0 megapixels)|
3648 x 2432 (8.9 megapixels)
3648 x 2056 (7.5 megapixels)
2592 x 1944 (5.0 megapixels)
2048 x 1536 (3.1 megapixels)
1920 x 1080 (2.1 megapixels)
1600 x 1200 (1.9 megapixels)
640 x 480 (0.3 megapixels)
|Image Preview / Review|
|Viewfinder||Yes, 0.2" 200,000 dot ferroelectric LCD|
|LCD||2.7", 230,000 pixels|
15x optical zoom
|Focal Length||5.0 - 75.0mm (actual)|
27 - 414mm (35mm equivalent)
|Aperture Range||f/3.5 - f/7.0 (wide); f/5.4 - f/10.8 (tele)|
|Focusing System||Area / Multi / Center / Continuous w/ face detection AF with AF assist lamp|
Manual Focus possible (0) steps
|Focusing Range||Normal: 29" - infinity (70 cm - infinity)|
Macro: 0.4" - 41" (1 cm - 100 cm)
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200*, 6400* (5mpix or below)|
|Shutter Speed||4 - 1/1000 second|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Shutter, Manual|
|Metering Modes||256-zone multi|
|White Balance||Image Sensor - Auto, Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light, Custom, Manual|
|Internal Flash||Modes: Auto, Forced, Suppressed, Slow Synchro, Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction Forced, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro|
Range: Wide: 50cm - 6.4m; Tele: 50cm - 4.1m
|Scene Modes||Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text, Auction|
|Self Timer||Yes, 2 or 10 seconds|
|Movie Format||MPEG-4 with audio|
Max. clip length: 900 seconds ()
|Recording Medium||SD/MMC, Built-in|
|File System||Complies with Design Rule for Camera File System (DCF)|
|File Format||JPEG (Exif v2.2)|
|Video||Yes, NTSC / PAL switchable|
|Computer||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Battery Type||Alkaline or Lithium disposable, NiMH rechargeable|
|Battery Form Factor||4 x AA|
|Battery / Charger||4 x AA alkaline disposable battery|
|Flash Memory||55.0MB built-in memory|
|Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) compliant||Yes|
|Remote Control||Yes, Optional wireless remote|
|FUJIFILM’S S2000HD TAKES HIGH DEF TO NEW HEIGHTS IN DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY|
SLR-Style FinePix S2000HD Adds HD-Capabilities and Long Zoom to Powerful New Feature Set
Valhalla, NY, August 12, 2008 â€“ FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today announced the first model in its digital camera line-up to offer full High-Definition compatibility â€” the FinePix S2000HD.
Sporting a 10-MegaPixel 1/2.3" CCD, a powerful 15x wide-angle optical zoom (27.6mm-414mm equivalent) and an extra large 2.7" wide-view LCD, the FinePix S2000HD is perfect for advanced amateur photographers who want an affordable, step-up digital camera that will still fit in the palm of their hand.
With the ability to capture still pictures in 10-MegaPixel resolution, and movies in HD quality 1280x720pixels, in a true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, the S2000HD will change the way people think about digital photography. The S2000HD, via a new signal processor, converts still images and movies in-camera into a HDTV signal output compatible with 1080i (interlaced) for still and 720p (progressive) for movies thus allowing the user to realize the full benefits of their home theater system for sharing all their special moments. An HDTV set is needed to display high-resolution images at their best, but images captured in the 4:3 aspect ratio of regular digital cameras become distorted when forced into the 16:9 ratio of an HDTV monitor. The FinePix S2000HD avoids this problem by being able to capture images in a 16:9 format, enabling distortion-free, full screen playback for the sharpest, clearest display possible. Combine this with Fujifilm's optional HD Accessory Kit, including wireless remote control that works with the shooting mode, and you maximize your HD experience.
Dual Image Stabilization
Dual Image Stabilization is a marriage of mechanical sensor shift stabilization, to steady the photographer's hand, with Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Technology, which uses fast shutter speeds and ISO levels of up to ISO1600 at full resolution, or ISO6400 (at 5MP) for total anti-blur protection. As a result, an increase in clarity and sharpness is achieved, even in low light conditions.
Fujifilm's new FinePix S2000HD also offers the following useful features:
- Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal: Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing up to 10 faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure true, natural colors and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
- Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- High Speed Continuous Shooting: It's OK to break the speed limit with high speed continuous shooting of up to 6.8fps (at 5MP) or 13.5fps (at 3MP) for 33 continuous frames..
- One-Touch 'Instant Zoom': The FinePix S2000HD features a new 'instant Zoom' one-touch that digitally adds 1.4x or 2.0x, and can convert from landscape to portrait orientation without having to turn the camera, to your digital zoom with one touch control..
- Zoom Bracketing: Another new feature that captures 3 shots automatically with one touch of the shutter at standard zoom, and with 1.4x and 2.0x digital multipliers. Combined with Face Detection, your subjects are automatically centered and red-eye corrected.
- 13 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S2000HD features 13 pre-programmed scene modes, plus 11 shooting modes on the mode dial, that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Sport, Landscape and Sunset to name a few.
- SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix S2000HD utilizes Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards.
- Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away. Power consumption is minimized allowing you to get 300 shots from Alkaline batteries, 400 shots with NiMH Rechargeable batteries and up to 650 shots using Lithium batteries.
â€œWith the rapidly increasing adoption of HDTV, consumers have changed how they use their digital photographs and movies. Fujifilm's superior image quality of the S2000HD enables the user to capture still images and shoot video in true HD and realize the benefit of superior image quality with their home entertainment system," said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. â€œWith the FinePix S2000HD, users are not only getting an affordable, long zoom digital camera with a powerful feature set but also the ability to realize the full benefits of their home theatre system."
The FinePix S2000HD will debut in September 2008 at a retail price of $299.95.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses.Â For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
About FUJIFILM Corporation
FUJIFILM Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2007, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of $24.7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.