PRESS RELEASE: Kodak Wins Prestigious 2009 Innovations Awards from International Consumer Electronics Association
Honors Awarded to KODAK All-in-One Inkjet Printer and KODAK EASYSHARE Digital Frame
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 21 -- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) has earned two Innovations 2009 Design and Engineering Awards from the International Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). The honors were announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Press Preview in New York City. The KODAK ESP 9 All-in-One Printer earned honors in the Computer Peripherals category, while the KODAK EASYSHARE M820 Digital Frame received accolades in the Eco-Design and Sustainable Technology category.
Kodak's ESP 9 All-in-One Printer.
Photo provided by Eastman Kodak Co.
The KODAK ESP 9 All-in-One Printer ($299.99 US MSRP) earned recognition in part for:
- A convenient two-cartridge, six-ink system, featuring Kodak’s premium, pigment-based ink. Priced at $9.99 for a cartridge of black ink and $14.99 for a five-ink color cartridge (US MSRP), these cartridges afford consumers savings of up to 50 percent on everything they print compared to leading consumer inkjet printers*.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet for optimal connectivity.
- The ability to print crisp, sharp documents quickly – up to 32 pages per minute in black and 30 pages per minute in color**.
- Also produces, in as little as 28 seconds, KODAK Lab Quality 4”X 6” borderless photos that last a lifetime***.
- A 10” touch control panel – a consumer inkjet industry first that makes printing, copying, scanning, and faxing easier than ever.
The KODAK EASYSHARE M820 Digital Frame ($169.95 US MSRP) earned recognition for:
Vibrant playback of pictures and videos on an 8 in. (20.3 cm) 16:9 display featuring KODAK Color Science for lifelike color and crisp detail.
- Backlit LED utilizing no mercury-containing bulbs.
- Meeting voluntary energy conservation guidelines for use, stand-by and power-off modes.
- Minimized frame packaging material containing a very low level of plastic (one recyclable HDPE bag).
- Packaging marked for recyclability via worldwide municipal collection schemes.
- Achieved a 10% reduction in use of materials, conserving natural resources and increasing logistics efficiency.
The Innovations 2009 Design and Engineering Awards, sponsored by the CEA and endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America, honor superior design and engineering among the year’s most technologically advanced products. Winners are selected by a panel of independent industry designers, engineers and journalists, and winning products will be displayed at the 2009 International CES in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2009 in the Las Vegas Convention Center (Kodak Booth #31400/South Hall/3).
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 70 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery --join for free today at www.kodakgallery.com
Kodak's EasyShare M820 picture frame.
Photo provided by Eastman Kodak Co.
*Savings based on ink costs only for home printing of documents and photos, compared to the average ink costs of comparable consumer inkjet printers. Actual results may vary. For more information visit www.kodak.com/go/inkdata for details.
** Based on fastest document print mode using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.
*** Based on fastest document print modes and borderless 4 x 6 in (10 x 15 cm) photos using KODAK Ultra Premium Photo Paper, Studio Gloss and using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR).
Actual results may vary.
Kodak and EasyShare are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
(First posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 16:22 EST)